Smooth twist x on a Streamline?

Is this possible? Or just a matter of waiting for the Dreamline?

Yes Andy It can be done, the Brass TP on the standard STX has to be change to streamline brass TP. then you have to modify the streamline shroud to fit the STX barrel so you can unscrew on and off to access the liner, as the standard streamline shroud is fix 

FX Pit Stop

From seeing first hand results on Chuck's experiments I can tell you he tried everything to make it work and when the numbers were very promising they did not carry their consistency into target shooting. I was really hoping he would have nailed it and got great results but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I am sure he will chime in here soon and give some details. So I decided to buy his Streamline in the current setup so I have 2 guns for competition shooting very identically at 75 and 100yds. I may get one of those Aeron FT or benchrest stocks they offer. Bottom line does the barrel swap work...Yes... But, its not as accurate or promising as the ST on this specific platform. 

Thanks, Ernest. I don't even own an FX and I've been on your site and checked out your videos. You're the man by all accounts.

I've been saving my nickels since the Streamline came out and I'm getting close! I don't like the idea of a gun that only shoots one brand of pellets well (imagine this hobby if something happened to JSB!) So, having the ability to go to an x barrel is a big plus.

Thanks again, Macros. And Gaberossi, too.

Andy, I recommend you get a .25 Streamline with the standard SmoothTwist barrel, then add a Huma regulator and a WIKA air gauge. You won't mind shooting just one brand of pellets when you see every shot going into the same hole at 50 yards. There is no such thing as being more accurate than that, but just to satisfy my own curiosity I spent $400.00 on a brand new X Barrel with both the A Liner and the B Liner and adapted it to fit on my Streamline to see for myself. 

Neither one could even come close to the accuracy of the standard SmoothTwist barrel on my Streamline or my friend Gabe's. I gave away the X Barrel and two Barrel Liners to a friend here on the forum to try out. He ended up with the same conclusion as me, and sent the X Barrel and Liners along to another of our friends here on the forum in Canada to try on his old FX Royale.

Trust me when I tell you to forget about spending money on the X Barrel system...better you spend it on a good scope for the Streamline your dreaming of. 

Chuck

From my experience so far, I wouldn't bother changing out barrels. I upgraded my Smooth Twist Impact to the X Barrel. Not enough difference to warrant the change. I am sure that someone with the proper tooling could make the change, but the accuracy difference doesn't seem to be enough to do the deed.

I'm also waiting for the Dreamline, but we'll see how it goes. Originally, I understood that pre-orders for the first gen dreamlines was supposed to be happening now, but FX is late on that one. Maybe after the first of the year?

Trust me when I tell you to forget about spending money on the X Barrel system...better you spend it on a good scope for the Streamline your dreaming of. 

Chuck

Trying to decide what's more important to me, less weight or more features/capability scope-wise. Thanks for sharing all your experiments with us, Chuck!

I'm also waiting for the Dreamline, but we'll see how it goes.

Should be an amazing rig.