Smooth Twist X have arrived

I'm still waiting for their preferred pellet to twist rate and velocity sheet to post. Still have not seen anything published from FX or other retailers. This was promised back during shot show and would be great knowing that testing is all done already. FX doing all the leg work for us and we just need to buy the liner with the characteristics we are looking for. Kudos to FX for that! Till then I am waiting for that info to publish. No sense in buying a liner now; hopefully soon the info publishes and there may be another liner that fits your needs better.

Got my FX impact 700 mm barrel today. There was no detent for the barrel retaining screw. I had to drill one in the barrel because when I shot it the barrel started to move forward. I don't know if they are supposed to come that way or they forgot to install one. Also the 2 barrel " o" rings are not the same size any more. Shoots great at 25 yards will take to 100 yards next week.

I want to by only long smooth twist X liner/barrel itself usable for 177 Piledriver 21gr slugs .
I am planning to sleeve it with carbon fiber tube and use in my Puncher. Which is the price of liner at EU ?

Another ability is to buy FX Dreamline already equipped with slugs barrel. I am a little bit confused that FX dreamline air reservoir is only 200 bar. Very long slugs need 180 bar shooting air pressure.

"skorec"I want to by only long smooth twist X liner/barrel itself usable for 177 Piledriver 21gr slugs .
I am planning to sleeve it with carbon fiber tube and use in my Puncher. Which is the price of liner at EU ?

Another ability is to buy FX Dreamline already equipped with slugs barrel. I am a little bit confused that FX dreamline air reservoir is only 200 bar. Very long slugs need 180 bar shooting air pressure.
I’m not positive as it’s easier to get the McDonalds secret sauce recipe then product info from FX. I think one of the possible configurations of the Dreamline is using a tank like the Impact. If true you would have greater air volume and pressure unless another weakness in the gun prevents that. It would tell you to call FX but no one answers the phone the 5 times I have called.

Looking for one FX Impact pellet probe set screw (or one that fits the Impact). I did not realize that it's part of the gun and does not come with a new barrel-kit. I already sold my screw along with my my barrel-kits and now "screwed" myself because no way to mount it. I may buy one from Home Depot, but I am afraid it may shear off like a few earlier ones reportedly did a year ago.

EDIT: FX Airguns USA will send me one.

Deutsch,

Based on what I read, the Impact and Crown barrels are the same, but the 700mm barrel may look too long on a conventional rifle vs. a bullpup like the Impact.

Brian,

Thanks for the tip. FX redesigned their screws a year ago, I think they beefed up the material and made the screw longer. There may be a possibility that a regular screw from the hardware store may not withstand the .25 cal shear-forces. I would not try it for sure with a .30 caliber probe.
One thing that I am interested is the new barrel set-screw or grub-screw that the new Impacts come with now (mentioned previously). It supposed to do a much better job securing the barrel especially that the new X barrels (at least the 700mm Impact) do not have an indentation for the grub-screw. Does anyone have a photo or the dimensions of the new (grub) set-screw?  Here is the old one...designed to be hand-tightened:

1523666110_12654863875ad14cbec3a2a5.75905376_IMG_8712.JPG