• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SMG-22 PCP

Any members have any experience with this gun? Trying to decide whether to put out a couple thousand dollars and buy the gun and a compressor set up. I'm new to air gunning. Just bought a Umarex MP40 from Pyramyd Air with 200 12g CO2 cartridges. I'm a Vietnam Combat Veteran and I'm intrigued with being able to own a machine gun in New York State.

,Superficial answer.... If you want to hunt/pest/target shoot... It's the wrong gun. If you want to spray a bunch of pellets into a target quickly, paintball style... hell of a lot of fun. Loading the belts gets old. (I have the sig co2 with 30? round belts. Load several one afternoon then need to walk away. Shoot all 8 belts with my son the next time out. Loads of fun and giigles, but no desire to reload the belts....)

That said, I'd hate to see anyone invest in the PCP life support equipment to support just this gun, but buying that stuff makes it easier for the next one.....😂

I've have all the support equipment and have been through more PCP's than I even want to think about, but have to honest. I want one of these soon!

Lol I've been trying to talk the GF into letting me spend the $$$ on one to spray the flocks of starlings that fly over head all day!!!!! Heck it would be stupid fun to catch rabbits or rats on the run with one of those!! If I didn't need to be responsible I would have put 2-4 of them together on a turret like some anti aircraft installation and mow down them starlings and pigeons

I have one, I have spent several hours and money trying to get it to shoot the speeds they claim it will. I am still about 100 fps short of what they claim it will shoot. I have changed valves/ tanks/everything I could. That being said there is no grin quite like a fully automatic grin. Its accuracy is far from decent, but with that many pellets flying down range you're bound to hit something. If you do get it make sure you get the speed loader. I have found the novelty wore off rather quickly. I have a huben and while only being semi auto it sure is much much much more accurate and you can still squeeze them off pretty quick. Just be careful the airgun world is vicious.. Once it sinks its teeth in you, there is no antidote. 😜

The smg is just a tipman paintball gun turned into a airgun. Tipman paintball gun will cost you about $60. The smg22 is over $600. I was gonna get it for shooting cans, but for $600. It ain't worth it. If you just want to spray you can do it with the tipman for $60. Plus can shoot your buddies when they come over.

Hmmmm....this I did not know. Always thought about getting a paintball gun just, well, just because. =)

Thanks, signal3. I'm getting educated.
1553977831_20057243405c9fd1e7c644c2.31960091_image00211.jpg

Rsmith,

Looking at the picture and all most fell off my chair laughing after I scrolled down to the caption. How true! There are a bunch of cheaper bb machine guns that you can convert from co2 to HPA and blast away. If you are new to the airgun world I would have to recommend a pcp of some kind. They are not the toy guns from our youth and are very addicting and fun. You can work on your marksmanship with out the expense of ammo like powder burners.

Good luck and thanks for the laugh,

Jim