Other Smallest break barrels on market?

Hi Friends, this is my first post. I have been lurking for a while but wanted to jump into the deep end with a few questions.

I've been on a kick lately of obtaining the smaller diminutive low power break barrels. My latest acquisition being a slavia 618. However, I've come to realize that guns of this nature are basically extinct from a new production perspective.

What are the smallest break barrels currently being produced? I have a hw30 and compared to the slavia the thing seems like a chonker. I'm aware of the cometa 100, but that seems about it. What guns am I missing?

Reactions: Ievgen721
Hi Friends, this is my first post. I have been lurking for a while but wanted to jump into the deep end with a few questions.

I've been on a kick lately of obtaining the smaller diminutive low power break barrels. My latest acquisition being a slavia 618. However, I've come to realize that guns of this nature are basically extinct from a new production perspective.

What are the smallest break barrels currently being produced? I have a hw30 and compared to the slavia the thing seems like a chonker. I'm aware of the cometa 100, but that seems about it. What guns am I missing?
Stoeger X5 , the later mod.3000

Welcome to the best AGN

By the old model numbers, Stoeger X3, Stoeger X5 and maybe the X10 although you'd have to look up weight/length and then actually find one. The X3 and X5 still pop up on auction sites now and then. New model for at least the X3 is the S3000-C and comes in either synthetic or now wood since they brought wood stocks back.
Cometa 100 (and maybe 220?) might be worth a look at least:

Cometa 100 or Weihrauch HW30. Not sure if HW25 is still being produced,in any case, it is almost impossible to find it. Also Diana 21 T05(I think it is not for US) and Diana 24D T01 model for USA.
It seems like all the good stuff is vintage. I have several smaller guns that I originally got for my kids, but I love shooting them too - all you need is a tin can and a pocket full of pellets and it's just like being 10 years old all over again!

The Diana 24D is no longer in production, and the same goes for it's successor, the 240. Diana now offers the "two-forty", but it's made in China and nothing like the previous German-made guns. I have a 240 and it's actually a touch larger than a HW30. I don't think Weihrauch still makes the HW25, and I'm not sure you can still get the Cometa 100 in the US, but I know it's still offered in Canada.
The Umarex Embark (and it's mechanical twin the Ruger Explorer) is the smallest that I know of available today. It is about 5 pounds, has a shorter LOP for younger shooters (see my profile pic), and is a decent gun for the money, but not comparable to German-made guns.

As far as the older guns, I'd try to find a vintage Diana 23 -virtually the same as the Slavia 618, but the trigger is a little better. Or find a Diana 25 - little bigger than the Diana 23/Slavia 618, but you could get them with the 3-ball trigger that the Diana 27 had (look for the adjustment screws on the trigger (no screws = direct sear trigger). And the venerable Diana 27 is a delight -very similar length and weight to a HW30, but they feel smaller to me. Also, the Slavia 624 is a 618 with a barrel 2" longer and simple hood for the front sight. Probably my all-time favorite tin-can plinker!

top to bottom:
  • Vintage chopped Slavia 618 - LOP reduced to about 11.25" when my kids were really little (yes, I really butchered it)
  • Vintage Slavia 624 - LOP and barrel are about the same as the HW30, but half the weight. One of my favorites!
  • HW30s
  • Vintage Diana 23 - gun is very similar to the 618, LOP about 13"
  • Umarex Embark - LOP 12"

1712879449880.png

Wow @ the diana 70 and 72. That would be the dream to find one of those. Thanks beeman for the pics. It highlights how much smaller and svelte the old small guns are even compared to a hw30.

I fear the days of these guns are gone forever. I honestly wonder why the Chinese have not made copies of the older Diana's slavias etc. They are simple guns and I'm sure there's still a market for repros.

Reactions: Singleshot