Other Smallest break barrels on market?

Thanks! That's very interesting...obviously, I've never seen a 27 like that. A distributor must have asked for that, and no doubt the model 25's standard trigger would work just fine on a 27. If I may ask, what is the brand and date stamped on it?

I've learned to "never say never" with German airguns, as variations do pop up all the time. The weirdest model 27 I've seen was a beat up, rusty "Gecado 27" that had a ball-sear - with no adjuster screws...!

For what it's worth, none of my ball-sear 27's have a "D" stamped on them. I've only seen that on 25's (but again, could be wrong).
My Diana 27 w standard trigger. I think it is 1978...
DSCN6859.JPG

DSCN6860.JPG

DSCN6867.JPG

DSCN6861.JPG

DSCN6862.JPG

DSCN6876.JPG

DSCN6869.JPG

DSCN6870.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: sekiar
That's not a model 27, it's an early example of the rifle that replaced it - the model 26 (the safety, short cut scope grooves instead of a spot-welded rail, non-adjustable trigger, and better grip geometry are giveaways). If it has "model 27" stamped on it (I cant' make out the number in your photo) you've got an interesting and rare factory mis-stamp on your hands - seriously.

This pic is from an RWS catalog from about 1984 or '85. The 26 was new but they were still selling off the last 27's.
IMG_5525.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ievgen721
That's not a model 27, it's an early example of the rifle that replaced it - the model 26 (the safety, short cut scope grooves instead of a spot-welded rail, non-adjustable trigger, and better grip geometry are giveaways). If it has "model 27" stamped on it (I cant' make out the number in your photo) you've got an interesting and rare factory mis-stamp on your hands - seriously.

This pic is from an RWS catalog from about 1984 or '85. The 26 was new but they were still selling off the last 27's.
View attachment 456093
My rifle has RWS Diana mod.27 Made in West Germany 78 stamped on it. The rifle is accurate, but the trigger is crappy. I'm thinking of selling the rifle in the near future because I don't like the trigger.

Last edited:
Reactions: bf1956
Since you made the mistake of poking the hornet's nest of my Diana 27 obsession, LOL, I must bore you with a bit of history! 🙄 Diana made guns with that name for seventy years or so - really four quite different designs, each with variations over time, but all the same handy size and medium power.

If you search for a model 27, note that in those days Diana used a BUNCH of brand names in different countries, or for big importers. It was sold as the "model 27" under the Diana, RWS, Geco, Gecado, Original, and Beeman's Original names; also re-labeled as the HyScore 807, Beeman 100, and Winchester 427. The pre-war gun was also made after the war by Milbro in Scotland.

View attachment 455936
Not boring at all lol, the reason I'm here is to learn, so the more the better!

That RWS branded '81 is beautiful, and my favorite out of the group, well besides the '26 but as I understand that is a separate rifle pattern just sharing the same nomenclature? Has there ever been an instance of the 27 being offered in .20 caliber?

My rifle has RWS Diana mod.27 Made in West Germany 78 stamped on it. The rifle is accurate, but the trigger is crappy. I'm thinking of selling the rifle in the near future because I don't like the trigger.
Thank you - that's truly fascinating!

It's possible the factory mis-stamped it. But a more likely explanation might be that the 27 and 26 used the same receiver tube, and that this is a very early gun, using an old 27 tube out of the parts bin. The 1978 date supports that theory, as the model 26 wasn't introduced until the early 1980's. Either way, you've got a very interesting piece there.

I've seen similar weird things on Diana guns, and I suspect they may well have sent some of their "clean out the parts bins" oddballs to the US with RWS stamps on 'em, LOL.

Last edited: