N/A Small game rifle

What's sad is think of all the break barrel guns out there , gamo, hatsan, crosman , umarex ,ECT ... I mean 100's of them , but only a select few ever really get suggested or recommended.. ..lol.
You already know what happens when you do, won't bother to describe it. I've got any number of rifles from $100-$200 that make for decent pesting rifles and eaily get the job done with money left over to get a decent air gun rated scope and a good sized pile of pellets.
Spend a little, spend a lot, there's always a learning curve, but once you do and what pellets your rifle is going to shoot best, they all make good pesting rifles and because they were that inexpensive, less worries/concerns about taking it in the field and banging it up some.
And now back to the original thread...lol

What's sad is think of all the break barrel guns out there , gamo, hatsan, crosman , umarex ,ECT ... I mean 100's of them , but only a select few ever really get suggested or recommended.. ..lol.
Reputation is the reason. While Gamo and others can be decent rifles, what are the odds that you get a good one, and if you don't it turns people away. Experienced airgunners know that there are possible repairs if you get a bad one but not newbies.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
i would try local available Walmart Crossman's first , just "plane old" domes or hollow point learn to shoot the gun . target @ 60 feet or whatever distance you can closer is fine 25 feet ? what ever you can .
I wouldn't personally shoot Crosman Premieres in a new gun. The lead alloy they use is very hard and the much desired leading of the barrel won't occur. Try something like H&Ns which use a much softer lead mix for initial barrel break-in. JMHO. Orv.

Reactions: Mycapt65
Reputation is the reason. While Gamo and others can be decent rifles, what are the odds that you get a good one, and if you don't it turns people away. Experienced airgunners know that there are possible repairs if you get a bad one but not newbies.
I got a good gamo , but I kinda go by there guns teir levels ..

1 year warranty guns ..

3 year warranty guns

And 5 year warranty guns ..

The 5 year guns been pretty good and last. Still after 5 years and no self fix stuff there you could sit anyway ..

Best inexpensive springers for small game hunting. Own them, so they have been proven to me. Hatsan Edge spring in .22 or 25. A XS25

I have a problem taking a beautiful $400 gun in the feild, knowing it's going to get banged up. A inexpensive one you just don't worry as much.
I use my 1K dollar 10 meter match rifle to shoot birds in my neighbors barn and carry my 750 dollar TX200 in the woods, this is what they are designed to do. My guns are not banged
up...use care..

A good pesting rifle in my world is anything that will put 5 shots in a quarter sized group or less at 25-30 yards. A quarter is also about the size of the kill zone on a tree rat's head.
All my rifles will, whether they were $100-$200 (insert brand here) or $500-$700 HW's or Diana's. Find the pellets each likes best and practice, a lot. Freely admit some took a bit of tinkering to get them shooting that way but for me, tinkering is also half the fun.

I use my 1K dollar 10 meter match rifle to shoot birds in my neighbors barn and carry my 750 dollar TX200 in the woods, this is what they are designed to do. My guns are not banged
up...use care..
Good for you. I shoot rockchuck, rabbits, squirrels, grouse. Etc... and not necessarily a stroll in the woods. Or a barn. More in the line of actual hunting.