Small Bulldog buck

Well he isn’t the buck I wanted but after not getting one for the past two seasons I’d already made my mind up to shoot anything with 8 or more points. This little fella walked in around 4:50 pm after seeing only one doe with a four pointer on her heels across the field earlier in the day. Everyone else in the hunt club I’m a member of were saying they’d seen no movement all day either and they were only 15 miles away from my grandparents land where I was. They were hunting on the lease we share. That was a little discouraging. I chose to go to my grandparents land this weekend because I knew I had the place to myself and a hot bowl of soup when I came out of the woods. Nice way to warm back up after a long cold day. The buck came in to about twenty yards but didn’t give me a shot due to the heavy cover he was passing through. I looked through my scope and counted tines twice to make sure he met my requirement. He finally worked into an open spot about 35 yards out and I lined up my Bulldog.357. Squeezed the trigger and heard a ping then a thud. Knew I’d made a good shot when I squeezed. He jogged about twenty yards and dropped. The clockwork is broken. Awesome! All the stress of chasing bucks left my body for the year because we can only have one a season in Kentucky. Doe’s are easy and plentiful and lots of time for them left. It’s no monster but I didn’t want to get skunked another season because I passed on others waiting for a big smart one to show me up again and again. This is my third buck in the five years air rifles have been legal equipment in Kentucky. Maybe I’ll get the monster next year. That’s what keeps us going out in the cold woods to sit all day right? That and the squirrels of course. Zero squirrels this weekend because they’re out of season for opening weekend of modern gun season and of course I had a dozen taunting me all day. Second buck with my power tuned bulldog shooting Benjamin’s Nosler 145 grain slugs. I’m a big fan of the bulldog and the amount of power you can get from one with a little massaging and a spring.
0ADCBABC-0AD4-4A84-94F1-6CCED6F36BC8.jpeg
51937073-92C0-48E5-9D4A-080E398B2592.jpeg

@GeronimoKY Nice pics and I enjoyed the write up. Where’d you hit it? Did you get a complete passthrough?
Hit him about where the M in Benjamin on the rifle is sitting and yes it was a pass through. Bled very little outside of the deer even though both lungs were punctured. His chest cavity was full but his heart stopped fast enough to stop the pumping before it started spilling out of the holes.

where in KY ? Nice shot and good looking buck .
I was in Frankfort. I’m extremely fortunate and have lots of places to hunt. My grandparents land in Frankfort, our 310 acre farm in Richmond that most of my family hunts, my wife’s parents land in eastern ky, and the 800+ acre lease in Frankfort that 8 of us share expenses on. I try to spend time at each place once I get a couple deer for my freezer. The squirrel populations on all them are insane. I limited out with 6 squirrels weekend before last in just over an hour. I need to post those pics and the story. Seems like the more I kill the more there are each year. Now that I got my buck out of the way I will put all of my focus into squirrels. I like deer hunting and the amount of meat you get when successful but if I had to choose only one for the rest of my life it would be squirrel hunting. Most would call me crazy for that decision but I know what I enjoy and hard headed enough not to care. Good luck in the woods everyone! No matter what you’re chasing after