Smack, jump, & thump!

Benevolent salutations! 

I went out to test some slugs the other day and got sidetracked! I had just shimmed my Aztec scope so that I only have 2/3rds of a revolution under my zero @ 30 yards, and was excited to test with the ability to dial my turret to 210yards max and keep my target in the center of the scope (except for wind). 

I was just getting my scope dialed in at 150 with some experimental, lightweight slugs and my son spotted some jackrabbits at 210-230 yards. So much for the testing! I grabbed a magazine of .22 Crosman domes (14.3 gn) and loaded it up! Some people call it coincidence (210 yards) 🤣😂🤣😂 .I dialed my scope all the way!!! Maxine baby!!! I didn’t grilla torque it or nothing as you can feel it when it reaches the end “click” . I know I know some people do not recommend... blah blah blah😄😄😝😄 . Mine has that much elevation adjustment because it was designed that way. I have it and I use it! That’s that! If it’s gonna break then oh well! I’ll have to save my moustache wax money and buy another. So now that I was all dialed in, thought anyway. 

MISS , MISS, MISS, MISS ! I took four shots all in his very near vicinity. I saw rocks and dirt splashing and moving all around him but nope! The last shot hit in front of him causing him to retreat behind a bush. I had all of the info I needed and thought the next will hit for certain but my son spotted one at 169 yards in the open so I dialed it down from 210 to 170 yards and let er rip!

MISS!!! MISS, MISS, all appeared to barely miss the head by only a hair . The third was so close the he too was startled and moved to the side a bit . Just barely had his body half covered. I moved my point of aim to center mass and SMACK!!! He JUMPED a couple feet , and must have THUMPed his head when he landed cause he never moved again until he was fetched. Here’s a link to the video clip. It’s nothing to extensive or complex, I do not have a way to film my shots right now, but it will give you an idea.https://youtu.be/_HDAkQpaOjg

have a good’un 

Sorry Funshine, I’m out in the sticks, but I think it uploaded. TONS OF FUN!!! 

Jim , I went to test some but I just got distracted. When I saw the jacks it was showtime not guess time. I really was tempted to try and take him with the experimentals but it’s already challenging enough for me. I did not hesitate to pop that mag of Crosman domes in there. I said I thought but not for long. I really was impressed with his encounter with the humble little cpdome pellet, I wish you could have seen the SMACK,JUMP, and THUMP! He was on a hill , I should have looked for the pellet 🤔.

Jim thanks! The StrelokPro says my velocity is 888 but my chronograph says 967 give or take a couple every now and again. I’m guessing the StrelokPro is the number that’s safe to go with. I know that when I got the gun the dealer sent a 10 shot string with 18 grains doing an average of 904 . So when I clocked the 14 gn at 967 it seemed right . I dk but I when I put the turret tape on in March the temp was a lot milder and I’ve yet to see any poi change at any yardage I dial. 

Oh yea , I love the acronym. 🤣😂🤣😆 but more like Inter-Cow pasture Ballistic Missiles! Lol🤣😂 you have a great rest of the weekend!