• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I have a build up somewhere near there and accuracy goes to pot on my .25 as well. When I push the cleaning wads through they come out with bits of lead sometimes spirals of lead that look like rifling when I let it go for to long. Between the dirty lead encrusted barrels, the loose barrels, and running off the regulator it's no wonder I am constantly tuning. Yet I hear from here and there you never have to clean them whatsupwidat?.

It’s good practice to polish the bore of your rifle with some sort of polishing compound . I use JB’s bore paste in two steps . Usually running a couple hundred strokes with both the fine and ultra fine . This will remove most imperfections invisible to the eye and reduces the frequency between cleanings . Another good practice is to lube your bullets . All kinds of info out there on what to use , I had been using 10w synthetic RC shock oil but have recently switched to FP10 . I rarely shoot pellets and mostly shoot 40:1 lead /tin mix cast bullets . Both of these techniques seem to be working as I can usually go several hundred shots between cleanings. 

It’s good practice to polish the bore of your rifle with some sort of polishing compound . I use JB’s bore paste in two steps . Usually running a couple hundred strokes with both the fine and ultra fine . This will remove most imperfections invisible to the eye and reduces the frequency between cleanings . Another good practice is to lube your bullets . All kinds of info out there on what to use , I had been using 10w synthetic RC shock oil but have recently switched to FP10 . I rarely shoot pellets and mostly shoot 40:1 lead /tin mix cast bullets . Both of these techniques seem to be working as I can usually go several hundred shots between cleanings.

This is great advise and information. 

I used to clean every 100 shots. Had to

Now i lube my slugs lightly with silicone, and every 500 shots or so i pull a dry patch down the bore. Thats it.

If you start lubing, u need about 2-600 shots to coat the bore before u will start to see the improvement. Resist the urge to clean for real and just pull a dry patch through when u have to. If u clean it down to metal u ruin your progress. I lose no accuracy, dont need to clean often, and when i do its one patch that has no lead on it whatsoever.

Lubing at home keeps me accurate in the field when my time matters most. We have days we will shoot 4-500 shots on a hunt. I am not looking to stop and clean five times while im out there.

Got my slug liner recently and polished the bore with JB bore past and Ballistol. It now is very slow to get dirty and cleans up with just a few patches. My pellet liner on the other hand I did not polish and it fouled terribly and at first lost accuracy after 50 to 100 shots. It slowly improve and finally broke in after about 700 shots. Bill

All of my FX slug liners have been .217. I used to lube with silicon-based lubricants, but switched to Slick50 a few months ago. In any case, the bullets I shoot are .217. I start seeing small deviations in accuracy after 200 or so shots, and by 275-300 I'm ready to clean it. I might have to shoot 5 at most afterwards to get accuracy back to where it's suppose to be.

Fact is, they get dirty just like any other barrels do. You'll figure out when it's time to clean it after a while!