• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Slugs vs Pellets and Airgun Power vs The Law

The thing you are not considering which I wish more guys would consider is this.

People who are interested in bringing us grief know how to use a search engine as well as everyone else. Vendors need to advertise their products and they do. Users want access to information and tests on those products and other users and vendors oblige them on YouTube and every other platform. Meanwhile Hunters and Fish and Game LEOs want this new technology in the field. That means the information you want to keep on the "down low" refuses to be kept there. What is going to cause us problems in this community isn't the knowledge of the availability of LEGAL air gunning supplies and methods. What is going to cause problems is the illegal use of the technology to replace firearms in the field. As long as we push that envelope we are in danger of creating a tool which will then be misused by someone for purposes commonly reserved for firearms.

You can't hide that. You can't keep it quiet. All you can do is educate users, LEOS, and the community and pray.
Once again you are still missing the point. The less you talk about certain aspects the less they pop up in search engines because they aren't there to begin with or they're buried so deep your average Joe Schmoe isn't going to find it. You're a damn computer guy (that's an understatement I know) you know this.

If you want to go around posting questionable topics and expediting things, go right ahead and do so nobody can stop you. I'm happy keeping my mouth shut as much as possible. In the end it really doesn't matter to me anyway. I'm not a felon and I really don't care for high power PCPs. Regulations will barely affect me. Those of you who don't fall into those two categories though, best of luck to you.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I think a number of high profile crimes would need to be committed before any 3 letter agencies started looking seriously at restricting airgun use. Not saying it couldn't happen but that something drastic would need to occur before this rises to a high enough priority for even discussion on the issue takes place much less concrete action being taken.

I am concerned that slugs are closing the gap between air rifles and firearms in a way that draws unwanted attention but I think any real action is still a long ways off if ever.
A rational voice, thank you! You always seem to turn up at times like this!

I think we are safe until the very dangerous technology we are beginning to embrace becomes CHEAP enough to replace firearms in the use of crimes because of their other advantages. In my experience bad guys want cheap, effective tools to do their bad guy deeds. AGs are not in that category for such uses.

Talking about these things helps the community establish a reputation for responsibility.

Reactions: 450BM
Once again you are still missing the point. The less you talk about certain aspects the less they pop up in search engines because they aren't there to begin with or they're buried so deep your average Joe Schmoe isn't going to find it. You're a damn computer guy (that's an understatement I know) you know this.

If you want to go around posting questionable topics and expediting things, go right ahead and do so nobody can stop you. I'm happy keeping my mouth shut as much as possible. In the end it really doesn't matter to me anyway. I'm not a felon and I really don't care for high power PCPs. Regulations will barely affect me. Those of you who don't fall into those two categories though, best of luck to you.
Yes I am a Compute Scientist and that cat is out of the bag. Google "fully automatic airgun".

In before this one gets shut down.

Let's be honest, Team Alphabet (and various practice squads) is already on this forum. If you don't think they've absorbed and cataloged every little thing posted up here...then yes, pigs do fly. 😁

Product marketing teams cannot resist comparing AR's to PB's...I cringe every single time a FX influencer or paid shooter presses the ".22 rimfire power" button. Big bores are all the rage, promoting their massive FPE. Cheap semi-autos are not helping either. In social media groups, a particular subset of citizens is very interested in air rifles for a topic that cannot be discussed on these forums. Almost daily posts about it...and you can bet the A-team has seen all those questions and responses.

I've just settled with the fact that given the current state of everything, the woke factor, and other topics that are off limits here...it's going to happen. Enjoy what I have while I don't have to put my name on a list. When it comes that time, I'll put my name on the list.

But here is what I hope happens when we incur the wrath of big brother...manufacturers, big shops, and their associated cliques will stop fighting with each other. That energy used to stake claim on who is the best, who can make the most $$, and the "one-upiness" will have to be used to advocate for all of us airgun hobbyists (don't even mention the shadow "federation" that is driven/backed by a major brand--and yes, the proof is in all of the business registrations). We wont be able to devote the time and energy to brand fighting/airgun politics as it will be spent to preserve the rights for our sport as a whole instead.

*Rant over*

Last edited:
A rational voice, thank you! You always seem to turn up at times like this!

I think we are safe until the very dangerous technology we are beginning to embrace becomes CHEAP enough to replace firearms in the use of crimes because of their other advantages. In my experience bad guys want cheap, effective tools to do their bad guy deeds. AGs are not in that category for such uses.

Talking about these things helps the community establish a reputation for responsibility.
FYI he isn't saying anything we don't already know. Just because one thing is happening that we can't prevent doesn't meant there is no point in building up the defenses elsewhere. Walls slow things down, they aren't really meant for stopping things completely. Every little bit helps.

I'll tell you what, next time you're talking to some thug ask them what their most popular full auto airgun is. Bet 99% can't name one with any meaningful muzzle energy. You know why? BECAUSE THEY NEVER THOUGHT TO LOOK. People don't Google things they have not thought to look for.

FYI he isn't saying anything we don't already know. Just because one thing is happening that we can't prevent doesn't meant there is no point in building up the defenses elsewhere. Walls slow things down, they aren't really meant for stopping things completely. Every little bit helps.
Five years old video ... cat is OUT of that bag. Part one is SIX years old.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what, next time you're talking to some thug ask them what their most popular full auto airgun is. Bet 99% can't name one with any meaningful muzzle energy. You know why? BECAUSE THEY NEVER THOUGHT TO LOOK. People don't Google things they have not thought to look for.
Yeah, thanks for helping me make my point. Maybe read what the other fellow writes in reply ... you never know what you can learn.

Do you have any idea how many Google searches take place in one minute?

Per day ... that's 1.125 PER HUMAN ON THIS PLANET per day.

You guys who are IMAGINING you can keep this cat in the bag need to get real...

The book of faces is more powerful than the Google machine when it comes to that. You'd lose your mind with the frequency that folks pop into some of the groups looking exactly for that answer. Why someone would want to...transport from point a to point b...an aea max chambered and ready to rock in a backpack everywhere in California (of all places) is beyond me...I wish I could say I was making this crap up.

Last edited:
The book of faces is more powerful than the Google machine when it comes to that. You'd lose your mind with the frequency that folks pop into some of the groups looking exactly for that answer. Why someone would want to...transport from point a to point b...an aea max chambered and ready to rock in a backpack everywhere in California (of all places) is beyond me...I wish I could say I was making this crap up.
We know it happens lol that's the whole point of this conversation. I really don't think I could have made my point any clearer here and I'm done trying. @OldSpook I think your thought process is just wrong and it isn't helping make things better. You do you though.

We know it happens lol that's the whole point of this conversation. I really don't think I could have made my point any clearer here and I'm done trying. @OldSpook I think your thought process is just wrong and it isn't helping make things better. You do you though.
Yeah, it's just too much/frequent now. I've left a couple groups bc they are now filled with folks that condone AG's for their non-intensed use. If we're being honest, we can't say anything here that the ABC orgs aren't already aware of. *cautiously looks over shoulder due to strange sound outside window* 🤣🤣🤣

My thought process is very well informed WRT, intelligence the collection thereof and supporting LEAs in that process.

I will do me. You feel free to imagine you can keep secrets from the government if that makes you happy. I am not subject to that delusion.

Last edited: