Slugs or Pellets of same weight Diffrences?

For targets at distance of 100yd and over would a slug of the same weight be any better or worse at accuracy? From what i understand slugs are better at long range but why is it simply because they are heavier and the wind doesnt push them around as much or is there ballistic properties of a slug make it more efficent flying through the air?

Trying to understand if there is an advantage of shooting a slug that weigs the same as my pellets at 100yd +shooting. In consistently hitting salad spoons with JSB 18g pellets so wanting to push it out further..

In using a cricket 2. .22 with a 450mm barel.

It will do 895fps with a 23g slug do I need more or should I snug it down a tad or should I switch to something smaller should I try a 17g NSA slug as well.

Comments amd suggestions please.

The ballistic coefficient of slugs far surpasses those of pellets allowing for better long range performance. Finding a slug that your gun likes is the challenge. You may not be able to do so and you can spend a lot of time and money trying to figure that out. There are a dizzying array of slugs available. Different manufacturers, weights and diameters. The best thing you could do is try as many as you can until you find one your gun likes. Good luck.

Slugs have a much higher BC, and a consistent BC. Pellets have horrible BC, which can vary wildly during flight. They catch cross winds and drag down speed and BC while trying to maintain straight flight. The big parachute (skirt) tries to keep the center of gravity/balance from flipping the pellet around backwards.

BC makes a projectile resist wind, and also drag. The result of a higher BC is a projectile that maintains velocity longer. So a 40 grain pellet cant be shot as fast to begin with when compared to a 40 grain slug; and sheds speed way faster while traveling to your target. Pellets are very very old designs and now that slugs are mainstream people are realizing the benefits.

Matt Dubber does a great job explaining the differences in several videos but this is the basic idea:

I don't have room to test out to 100 yards but at 45 yards I somehow managed to have my .22 cal JSB Redesigns and my JSB Knockouts virtually identical.
Redesigns avg 935 fps
KO's avg 934 fps

At 45 yards vertical is the same, KO's are 2 moa to the left of the Redesigns.
The only difference is about two shots out of every mag of 28 KO's have a flyer that's about 1/2 to 3/4 inch off the group.