Slugs on Vulcan 2 / Uragan

I've posted some of this in other threads but MY Uragan .25 barrel has NOT played well with slugs even with 4 diff slug weights/styles both stock and each being sized to 3 to 4 step downs. That said... I have not adjusted the reg or even the HST to try different speeds to accommodate diff slugs. I was just hoping things would fall into place. I have seen posts on the .22 doing well, and even the ,177. 

I don't have a need for slugs, have just been curios. So while I'm sticking with pellets, my point of comparison would be that I'm shooting 34g JSB at 890fps (very nicely!). All the slugs I've tried are at least a little slower with larger groups (some way larger) on average at 75y and 100y, at the settings.

My gut still says it's up to the barrel to decide, I just can't give you a positive ref on my gun vs slugs

Use anyone on Vulcan 2 .30cal NSA slugs, what weight?
What is the speed of the slugs?
What is accuracy?
What are the Vulcan settings?

Aless

The NSA 43.8 grain shoot well from my Vulcan2 Tactic. They shoot about 835 to 840 FPS with the gun set to shoot the 44.75 grain pellets at 855 FPS. 

I started a post about a week ago saying how my Uragan 22 was shooting slugs at 50 & 100 while I was stretching it out some. 

My rifle was tuned to shoot the 18.1gr really well around 930. I didn’t change any settings and went out and tried the NSA 17.5gr (.2165) and 20.2gr (.217) slugs. 17s were going 925FPS and 20s we’re going 868FPS.

The 20gr slugs shot amazing. They were shooting a touch better at 50 and much better at 100 than the 18gr it was tuned for. The 17gr did not do as well. They were 2MOA at 50 and 100. If you are curious for more details, you can check out that thread.

It may depend on your speeds, but it is worth a try to see.

I just bought a .22 Uragan and found the following.

JSB 18’s are accurate at 900

AA 16 grain may be slightly more accurate.

I tested slugs at 120 and 143 yards. 
knockouts we’re ok and fx hybrids were pretty good

The Winner H& N 21 grain .217

i shout a 1.5”, 5 shot group!

I need to do much more testing as I only shot a few groups, but clearly this gun loves that slug!

i shot it at 61 yards as well, and it surpassed accuracy of all pellets pellets 

Reactions: Mrshosted
My Uragan .22 Cal shots the JSB´s 25.4 redesigned at 840 fps as a laser.

My Vulcan 2 .25 Cal Tactic shots the JSB´s 34 grain MKII at 835 fps as a laser.

H&N rabbits is no option in any of my .22´s

H&N Kodiaks is no option in in almost any of my .25 rifles, except for the Wolverine HR HP. This rifle shoots them very well (very good option for turkey-coyote hunting), but not as accurate as the JSB´s 34 grain.

I have never shoot NSA not FX hybrid´s. Need to test them....