Slugs OK in .177 LW Marauder?

Hi all!

I’m *loving* my new Marauder :). It seems to be slinging H&N Baracuda Match pellets extremely well, but I’ve always wanted to try slugs out.

Is there any harm in trying slugs in my new .177 Marauder with the Lothar Walther barrel? My research is showing there isn’t a widely agreed upon consensus. Is there anything I should be aware of before shooting slugs, or should I avoid it altogether? I just ordered a few hundred Griffin slugs in 10, 11 and 12 grains.

Thanks!

cmburkhalter,

I've shot MANY slugs through Crosman barrels and Lothar Walther barrels that are choked. You shouldn't have any problem with any brand of slugs through those barrels, except for two. I would not attempt to shoot any H&N Rabbit Magnums of any kind, they are too large, and might possibly get stuck in the barrel. Same goes with H&N Piledrivers. I've had this happen with several of my guns with that particular ammo.

I regularly use slugs of my own creation in my Marauders and other guns with Lothar Walther choked barrels. I'm in the process of testing and trying them in these exact same barrels.

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech