Slugs Magazine

There are some after market magazine makers such as CARM. More and more slugs are being manufactured. The manufacturers will want a piece of the pie soon.

But slugs cost 3-4 times what pellets costs. For me, I see little advantage to slugs for small to medium size game unless you are often pushing shots beyond 75 yards. Especially given the price of slugs. But you are correct about the availability of slug magazines from manufactures. They are scarce as hens teeth.

My 2 pennies worth.

Orion makes an Excellent magazine or just feeder for the Impact that shoots slugs perfectly. 

Blue for .30 caliber black for .25 caliber. 

20220111_192227.1642604830.jpg

Yeah, the slug era really began when Nick of Nielsen Specialty Ammo NSA bought big machines so he could make them cheaper for us. He's got to make a living, of course, but he really is serving our airgun community. 

H&N and JSB followed NSA's good example with good prices.

FX chose not to.

The small manufacturers produce handmade artisan slugs — they can't do it any cheaper.

These are great times to be an airgunner! 👍🏼😊

Matthias

Also to add, the magazines need to be able to cycle the slugs. CARM released the “slug magazine” which can cycle the 40gr .22 ZAN slugs, which are longer and wouldn’t/won’t fit in the factory FX magazines.

I just found midwest elite and Chris makes magazines that can fit up 13mm slugs and cycle properly. The manufacturers will likely jump in, as was stated previously, because the slug market is advancing quickly.

Enkey, definitely understand your thoughts on this…

Orion makes an Excellent magazine or just feeder for the Impact that shoots slugs perfectly. 

Blue for .30 caliber black for .25 caliber. 

20220111_192227.1642604830.jpg

Orion makes awesome mags and inserts. His whole mags, a feature I like, are stackable, so storing a few in a small box allows them to be well organized and tight. On the shooting bench that’s less stuff wobbling around and being color coded makes caliber or Ammo type easy to identify