Taipan Slugs for Veteran 2 25 cal

Taipan describes the Veteran II’s as having polygonal barrels (and, per Tony’s website, unchoked).

@Franklink described in the following post that all the original version Veteran barrels he had seen had land and groove rifling and choked:

Net: You’re probably on your own blazing the trail testing slugs in your Vet II. Keep us posted!

Reactions: mrichard76
I just got an original .25 Veteran Standard. The dealer card in the box said the gun was shooting the 25.34 gr JSB's at 880 fps. I put it over the chrono and 9 shots had and ES of 5, SD of 2, but the pellets were flying at 912.44 fps.
A couple days later, I decided to try some other pellets and slugs without touching the velocity. The 33.95 gr JSB's (as well as the 25.39 gr) shot very well (1/4-3/8" at 25 yds). The Hades shot OK (1/2" at 25 yds) for a hunting pellet. The FX Hybrid slugs shot acceptably, but they are pricey, and the ones I shot has lead flash in the base. I shot Griffin slugs in 26gr, 28 gr, 30gr, 32gr and 34 gr. The 32 grainers shot the best, the group was under 1/4", and the NSA 29.5 gr were very close.
I don't know if there is anything in my experience that will help you, but that is what I learned about my Taipan.

Reactions: ChrisFigueroa580
Taipan describes the Veteran II’s as having polygonal barrels (and, per Tony’s website, unchoked).

@Franklink described in the following post that all the original version Veteran barrels he had seen had land and groove rifling and choked:

Net: You’re probably on your own blazing the trail testing slugs in your Vet II. Keep us posted!
The 700mm barrel in the vet 2 is polygonal- either CZ or LW. the 550mm barrel is CZ standard 1:17.7 twist . Both are unchoked.

All original Veterans came with choked barrels with 12 land and groove rifling.

As for the Vet II....Typo? Or Vet II @ Utah Airguns has different rifling than one bought from Tony.
Screenshot_20231019-105440.png

Screenshot_20231023-142911.png