Slugs for the Leshiy 2

Hi all, 

I bought the NSA slug "Sample Pack" in .30 cal and notice that some of the slugs fall through the Leshiy magazines. My impression is slugs fire the most reliably when they have a snug fit in the magazine. What are you all doing? 

Slugs that don't fit, after a few light taps on the nose with a hammer, laying on a table, find a snug fit. But I'd rather not spend that much time going through all the slugs checking. 

I imagine 0.307 slugs would be too big, but I have not given them a try. 

edit: Recently acquired Wildman .30 slugs. By the time I filled one Leshiy magazine, 4 had fallen through, and 5 were hanging out the front. So that's pretty much exactly the same as the NSA .30 slugs. 

Second the AVS slugs they shoot nicely out of my gun but in my .22 mags I still get some that slip through. It may be a difference in the size of the holes in the mags, I haven’t compared that but as Cranky1 I leave my mag in the gun and load it with speed loader or top it off by hand. Quicker and less wear on the gun. I would try going up .001” in size and see what happens. I personally haven’t seen a difference in accuracy when the slugs slide through the magazine versus sticking in the mag like a pellet does. When they slide through the mag they wind up in the chamber of the barrel if you point the gun down which I see as a plus for accuracy but that only applies to the first shot and would have to be tested. 

Much has changed since I started this thread.

For "normal weight" slugs, NSA has been making some for the Leshiy, in all calibres.

I've tried the ".22" slugs, i.e. .2193, and they fire great. Nice snug fit in the magazines. I have heard some people say the 0.30 cal slugs are a tight fit in the magazines. I have not noticed that (so far).

AVS has also been making slugs for the Leshiy. In 0.22, it's the 0.2193" slugs. https://avsslugs.com/shop/

These look very similar to the NSA slugs. Unfortunately, AVS does not ship to Canada so I have not tried them.

For "heavyweight" slugs, Altaros made some for the Huben K1 that work great in the Leshiy, in 0.22. They are almost 11mm long, so about as long as you can fit in the magazine.

They fire well, as well.

Just wanted to tag onto this. I just purchased a Leshiy 2 in .30 and grabbed some NSA slugs at the same time. Wish I had found this thread before I bought the slugs. These all fall out of the standard mags that come with the gun. I put a caliper on them and they were all registering 5.56mm diameter. The magazine mixed at 7.7/7.8. Big difference in size. The new slugs are labeled .303 but I have not gotten any yet to see what the measure.

I’ve used the zan, avs, and nsa slugs in my .22 350 alpha barrel, and while they’re snug in the mag, they shoot shotgun style out the barrel.
After research, the alpha barrel is 1:16 twist unchoked, so you would think they would group fairly consistently.

I’m going to play with speed a little, but I was hopeful that these would shoot decent at least, but I was wrong.

If anyone has good input on what speeds they’re using, that would be great!!