• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Slugs for .25 Sumatra

I have an older .25 Sumatra and I tried several bullets from NSA and the three that had the best chrony numbers are the 33.5 grain filled to 200 bar for 3 shots, 43.5 grain filled to 195 bar for 3 shots, and the 55.5 grain filled to 200 bar for 3 shots. All were shot at high power. I haven't tried shooting for groups yet but will try shooting the gun this weekend

Hunters Supply 49 grain flat point, about 10.00 per box of hundred available at Airgun Depot. These shoot lights out in most 25 cal. Sumatra's These a vastly superior to the others that are available.

I'll definitely be trying trying these. Just got my rifle back from Will Piatt today. Do you know if the folks liking these slugs were shooting them in the older rifles or new ones with the smaller barrel?

I was turned on by others, maybe CHUCK they were touted as the slug. They did not disappoint in my gun, an older gun I got used about 4 years ago. I believe it's one of the earlier double tube (500 cc) and the butt without the extendable cheek piece. The gun is a powerhouse with a shot curve fall off better than 500 fps for 12 shots and it is not pellet fussy. The gun has a slow leak and I have not given that much trigger time, at the lowest setting shooting poly mags very accurately for rats. Tetherred I was regularly blasting one inch Christmas balls at 50 yards with the slugs, and the MK 2's Southern Gunner does a vid praising the Benjamin domes at 1200 fps. with great 100 yard results. I can't speak for the newer barrels but the older ones are the least pellet fussy gun I've shot.

Your new .251 bore, .254” lands would LOVE AVS .254 cup base or Rebated Boat Tail RBT found under AVS PCP slugs on EBay. 

My older Sumatra loves .253 Hunter Supply. 
The 48 grain HP FB has estimated BC .118 OAL .428” SD .107

Significantly higher than 49 grain Flat nose flat base BC .112 OAL .412” SD .109

When I found this data and emailed Airgun Depot who sells them cheapest to ask for all 4 boxes to be 48 grain they’d already sent 2&2 so Erika sends another box of 48 grain! Awesome service.

No matter my choke is still .2505” so I can even send 20 grain H&N FTT at lower speed <700fps as Diabolos self stabilizing abilities are amazing. Incredible at 600-675, 650 seems to be magic for power but can go way down to 300-500fps for 20 yard hole in hole. 

Me too

Hello Swamp D, im new...Romo. Recently acquired a Sumatra 500cc in .25. Bought it used. Shoots great w/ every pellet ive tried. I dont know if i have the .251 bore. But we at least fixn to find out if these 48g HP work cause i just ordered 4 box from AD also. Dude i bought it from didnt know if it were a knewer one. It dont have the adjustable cheek comb

See you post slightly less than a month old. You get time and dont mind let me know your results...thanks