Slugs for 25 Huben

I have tried the Zans (pictured below on left) in my 2020 K1. They did not perform as well as others, including AVS and NSA. The best of all for me have been the Altaros, on the right side of the picture:

IMG_0611.jpeg

I haven’t found any slugs in lighter weight that shoot as well as the Altaros, so I use pellets if I don’t need 100fpe (which I dont 99% of the time!)

@Keyman62421 New England Airguns sells some cast boattails in .22. I assume their equivalent bottails in .25 shoot similarly.

Maybe check out some Varmint Knockers on EBay. I’m not familiar with the .25 ammo. These are suggestions based upon what works well in the .22.

Last edited:
Zan .253 38.5 gr shoot very well from my Huben 25. At 40 yards hole in hole. 128 yards was promising but rest was not steady. Shooting at 900fps, 140 bar reg. No real tuning.

Of note, NSA .254s were too tight to push into the mag easily, but seemed to shoot fine. Stopped using to avoid jamming as I do not enjoy clearing a jam in this rifle.

AVS 46s .253s on the way. Hoping for max energy and accuracy with easy loading.

Reactions: MOhunter
I have tried the Zans (pictured below on left) in my 2020 K1. They did not perform as well as others, including AVS and NSA. The best of all for me have been the Altaros, on the right side of the picture:

View attachment 400989
I haven’t found any slugs in lighter weight that shoot as well as the Altaros, so I use pellets if I don’t need 100fpe (which I dont 99% of the time!)
LOVE the 50gr Altaros! I can shoot pretty much hole in hole at 60yds. I recently got my Huben back from servicing. I haven't had the chance to push them at 80/100/120 yet. That's about the farthest I'll ever shoot unless I wanna take a chance at a distant coyote. Incidentally, mine shoots the 38gr Zans decently. I've also shot some 26 grain Zans. Not too sure about them.