• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Slugs flat base or dish base?

hi guys. Try move into slugs. I see there are flat base slugs and slugs with a dish or pellet looking base. Which is best for an impact slug liner A 600mm? Or does it matter if it has a flat base or not?

Also anyone know where to buy the chestest slugs in .25 cal? I know nsa slugs go for like 250/275 slugs in 25 cal for $19. is there any other places cheaper?

I have an impact mk2 25cal 700 with a slug liner and the gun shoots the nsa 36.2 slugs best and for my gun is the easiest to tune. On max power @910 and on power wheel down to #4 it shoots @820 very accurately and I’m getting more shots at that setting, plus slower seems to be more dramatic when I hit pests. I am still waiting for the power plenum and with that said I do believe that I will stay at that 820fps. Hope that is helpful 

I am shooting a Gen1 Impact .25 700 slug barrel with Michal's plenum and other mods. I have shot the NSA 33.5 and 36.2gr flat base slugs from 740 to 1000fps and they were under MOA at 100 yards at many velocities so they are a very good choice for the gun. The VK 34gr slugs did every bit as well as the NSA and expand better so are great for hunting/pesting but a bit more expensive. NSA slugs are the least expensive I am aware of although several new ones have come out as of late but I have not tried any of them so have no opinion on their accuracy with the Impact.

I have an impact mk2 25cal 700 with a slug liner and the gun shoots the nsa 36.2 slugs best and for my gun is the easiest to tune. On max power @910 and on power wheel down to #4 it shoots @820 very accurately and I’m getting more shots at that setting, plus slower seems to be more dramatic when I hit pests. I am still waiting for the power plenum and with that said I do believe that I will stay at that 820fps. Hope that is helpful

Isn't 820 seem a little low. Usually thats for pellets. I heard slugs need to be shot 900 to 1000 fps.

Seem like the 36gr nsa is good choice. Anyone try the 38.5gr nsa? So how does it preform. 

Isn't 820 seem a little low. Usually thats for pellets. I heard slugs need to be shot 900 to 1000 fps.

Seem like the 36gr nsa is good choice. Anyone try the 38.5gr nsa? So how does it preform.

I think thats a misconception, ive had them fly very well in the 800s and even 700s. Both with .25 and .30

I think thats a misconception, ive had them fly very well in the 800s and even 700s. Both with .25 and .30

I second that, maybe it’s more the case with 22 cal?I have not tried Them, but in 25 cal, they all have been good, 750-1000 FPS, actually regresses above 950. 33.5,36.2,38 and 43’s, 38 @ 880 is straight nasty sub moa @ 200yds, btw, my original slugA shoots them better than superior, haven’t tried the superior heavy yet.