Slugs are getting heavier and heavier…

…that's why we're introducing a light one, the new H&N Slug HP .177 10 grain!

Not too long ago we developed and released the H&N Slug HP in various weights for friends of the .177 caliber.

Since then we received many requests for an even lower weight version. We followed the call and are proud to present you the H&N Slug HP .177 in 10 grain.
  • The hollow point and base save weight but make the slug long enough to ensure good guidance in the barrel.
  • Due to its light weight, this slug is perfect for lower powered air rifles (>12 ft-lb).
  • Exact diameter: .1775 / 4.51 mm
  • Tin count: 400 pcs.
Production has just started, availability depends on transport time to your retailer (e.g. Europe 3-4 weeks, USA 3 months)

We wish you a nice summer time (or winter time if you live in the southern hemisphere)!

H&N Slug HP .177 in 10 grain.png

Ill give them a try, but to be honest i have not had much luck with 16 / 20 grain ( i have not tried 13 gr H&N ) in my 700mm Maverick or Vulcan 3, so just getting a couple of tins with not high hopes.
But ! no one will be able to say the peashooter are not brave enough to try something new.

10 gr from JSB i have had good luck with, even if i am not buying more of those CUZ 13 grain JSB and Zan are really good to me
In all fairness 16 & 20 gr Zan, also not a big success here.
I do think part of my failure with the 16 and 20 grain seem to be i can not get a flat shot string with those, i have dialed and tried what not on my Maverick and it just are not possible, i can only shoot the heavy stuff with a reasonable flat shot string if i shoot them slow ( 800 FPS or slower )
More speed i can do with heavier hammers - heavier spring - dual transfer port of sourse - pin probe ASO i have tried it all in any combination at any REG pressure and it just will not give me what i want with heavier slugs no matter the brand.

Mind you i am probably venturing into a #3 brand of air rifle soon, so will of course have to start all over with all my slugs.

Ill give them a try, but to be honest i have not had much luck with 16 / 20 grain ( i have not tried 13 gr H&N ) in my 700mm Maverick or Vulcan 3, so just getting a couple of tins with not high hopes.
But ! no one will be able to say the peashooter are not brave enough to try something new.

10 gr from JSB i have had good luck with, even if i am not buying more of those CUZ 13 grain JSB and Zan are really good to me
In all fairness 16 & 20 gr Zan, also not a big success here.
I do think part of my failure with the 16 and 20 grain seem to be i can not get a flat shot string with those, i have dialed and tried what not on my Maverick and it just are not possible, i can only shoot the heavy stuff with a reasonable flat shot string if i shoot them slow ( 800 FPS or slower )
More speed i can do with heavier hammers - heavier spring - dual transfer port of sourse - pin probe ASO i have tried it all in any combination at any REG pressure and it just will not give me what i want with heavier slugs no matter the brand.

Mind you i am probably venturing into a #3 brand of air rifle soon, so will of course have to start all over with all my slugs.
The 13gr are pretty good; I'd love to try their 10s😍
20230426_121626.jpg

I am old fashioned !!! i like wood stocks and pellets . What would be the advantage of a 10 grain slug over a 10 grain pellet ? OR a 10 grain pellet over a 10 grain slug ?
I'm glad you asked😉
Here's a little demo🤩
The slug did MASSIVE damage and kept trucking.
The pellet hit,expanded a little and stopped.😃

All from the same setup, yes.

Walther Rotek. 177

Ammo:

Benjamin discovery 10.5gr(got as close as I could get to 10gr)
Vs
ZAN 10gr slug
10 grains of lead is 10 grains , maybe the slug shape holds a bit more FPS and FPE down range ?

Yessiree! Like stopping a car vs stopping a train🥴
Ah, no not like that comparison at all. Your comparing a thousand pound ( projectile) to a 40 million pound + projectile. Huge differance, just saying. 10 grains compared to 10 grains, being the same diameter. There can not be a big differance, except in the composition of the " lead" possibly. One harder then the other.

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Ah, no not like that comparison at all. Your comparing a thousand pound ( projectile) to a 40 million pound + projectile. Huge differance, just saying. 10 grains compared to 10 grains, being the same diameter. There can not be a big differance, except in the composition of the " lead" possibly. One harder then the other.
exactly what i said in post #12 , same lead but denser shape

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
They never seem to show the bottom if its a skirted (??) or cup/ flat base . Now i do think a little skirt to expand ( like a pellet skirts job is) seems beneficial for leade fit . I don't know just seems it would. Then i like a more around 8 grain for springer use not so hard on my springs. lol. ..

Oof my bad!🤣 it sounded OK in my head until I reread it now.
So a ten grain razor vs a ten grain rock?🥴🤷‍♂️
No that don't sound right either....🤨🙃
It's the shape/composition; yes I understand that. But my brain likes comparing odd things...🤓
Aha!!
Put aside grains for now
A 1lb softball vs a 1lb baseball! Yes!?😅

They never seem to show the bottom if its a skirted (??) or cup/ flat base . Now i do think a little skirt to expand ( like a pellet skirts job is) seems beneficial for leade fit . I don't know just seems it would. Then i like a more around 8 grain for springer use not so hard on my springs. lol. ..
I have some flat, Dish, and cup? Lol 😆 the flatter base ones seem to fly a little better for me🤷‍♂️🎩🤙

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I've been shooting jsb 10 grainners out of my hatsan 125 springer at around 20 fpe and they do great. Slugs work better in the wind and at longer ranges. If you're just shooting in your backyard and there's no wind I don't feel there's any advantage. Where I live there is always wind and I have a 100 yard range on my property so for me it is an advantage.