• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Slug suggestions for my FX Impact X MKII .25cal 700mm

I've ordered a .25cal 700mm slug liner for my FX Impact MKII, but still no word from Utah Airguns on when that'll be shipping.

In the meantime, I'd like to try to shooting a few .25cal slugs through the standard pellet liner of my FX Impact MKII just to see what it's like. I've been told that's safe to do, but that the accuracy won't be quite as good as it will be with the STX slug liner. I was hoping you guys might give me some suggestions on which slugs I should try?

Once my slug liner does arrive I'll likely only be shooting slugs with my Impact MKII when the slug liner is installed. If you recommend different slugs when using the slug liner vs. when using the standard pellet liner, please let me know that as well. 

If you recommend I try something from Nielsen, please let me know which variation of the .25cal slugs you recommend (as they have can array of choice of .25cal slugs available).

Thanks so much for your time!

Sorry I did not try the slugs in my pellet liner. But the NSA 33.5, 36.2. 38.5gr HP slugs all shoot MOA @ 100 yards in my Impact 700 slug liner as do the 36gr Dimple Nose slugs most of the time. The VK 34gr HP shoot just as well also. I have shot many .5 MOA groups with these slugs at 100 yards and l plink spray paint cans @ 200 yards. Sometimes I hit the cans 3 and 4 times in a row when the wind stays the same for a bit. I shot the 33.5gr at 740 fps with such good accuracy that I did not think to check the chrony for two weeks. The 33.5s shoot well at 920fps too. I am currently shooting the 36.2gr at 980fps and they are deadly at 200 yards. I have a modified MK1 Gen2 gun.

For my impact mk2 25cal 700mm with a port and probe work the nsa 36.2 slugs have been the easiest to tune @910 FPS shoots as good as the jsb 34gr . The slugs are more hold sensitive and need more follow through with the shots, and the more surface area it takes them a millisecond extra time to exit the gun than a pellet.

This is a good point people discount regarding PCPs. I can shift the POI of a PCP by changing how it is held even with pellets. The heavier and slower the projectile, the greater the effect. I would not be surprised if some people have difficulty with 33.95 JSBs because their weight increases recoil and makes them more hold sensitive. The same is true with longer barrels often coupled with higher power rounds.

Thanks for the info. I just got my .25 MK2 700 MM with power plenum. I have no been able to get the velocities being achieved here. Have you done transfer port work and probe work. I did that on my crown but didn't think I would have to on my new impact. I am looking forward to a relatively calm day to do more accuracy work. I have tried 29.0, 33.5 and 36.2 g. What settings are people using?

Thanks for the info. I just got my .25 MK2 700 MM with power plenum. I have no been able to get the velocities being achieved here. Have you done transfer port work and probe work. I did that on my crown but didn't think I would have to on my new impact. I am looking forward to a relatively calm day to do more accuracy work. I have tried 29.0, 33.5 and 36.2 g. What settings are people using?

What velocities are you getting? Power levels? What reg pressure are you running?

I first got the gun to shoot @950fps using the jsb 34gr, then I went for consistent chrony reading. Then went to the 36.2 nsa slugs and I went for groups using the valve adjuster back down to 3 lines or so what ever the groups tell me the gun wants to be tuned. I do have a slug liner, and port and probe work to achieve this. And now I wait to hear from FX for a power plenum, only to gain more efficiency not speed on power for now.