• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Slug speeds in question for .30 impact

So I recently acquired an impact in .30. I’m wondering if anyone is pushing the nsa 47 grain slugs out of these (.30 700mm slugA) and what speed they like best. Really looking for a starting point in which to start. Now that nsa slugs are cheaper than pellets, it seems silly not to setup such a platform for slug use. 
thanks in advance. 

So I recently acquired an impact in .30. I’m wondering if anyone is pushing the nsa 47 grain slugs out of these (.30 700mm slugA) and what speed they like best. Really looking for a starting point in which to start. Now that nsa slugs are cheaper than pellets, it seems silly not to setup such a platform for slug use. 
thanks in advance.

madeintheuk,

To my knowledge there is no ".30 slug A". Can you tell us what your twist rate is on your .30 Impact?

I do have both the original Superior (1:37) and the Superior Heavy. Tuning to see how the NSA 47 and 43's shoot in the low/mid 900's @100. So far I'm finding 120bar with a 12g hammer puts me in a good place with my Maverick and the Original Superior at this time.

Patrick

thanks in advance.

madeintheuk,

To my knowledge there is no ".30 slug A". Can you tell us what your twist rate is on your .30 Impact?

I do have both the original Superior (1:37) and the Superior Heavy. Tuning to see how the NSA 47 and 43's shoot in the low/mid 900's @100. So far I'm finding 120bar with a 12g hammer puts me in a good place with my Maverick and the Original Superior at this time.

Patrick

I don’t have the gun yet. This is what I was told by the gentleman I’m getting it from. Interesting. 

.30 liners we really need to specifically call them by twist rate due to same name being applied to multiple twist rates over the last few years. Important to note that the original superior heavy is the same twist as the current superior standard:

Superior 1:37

Superior 1:26

Superior 1:22 (latest)

Superior Heavy 1:22

Superior Heavy 1:18 (latest)

I highly recommend you get at least one box of the FX hybirds to try alongside the NSAs. I say this because I wasted a lot of time and money trying to get NSAs to shoot, when the hybrids were turn-key accurate. You will at least know what you are missing. If you buy from pyramyd with the buy 4 get 1 free, Hybrids are 13.5c/slug compared to NSA 9.5c/slug in .30. 

I have the 1:26 twist rate superior liner with a carbon fiber sleeve glued on. 

It shoots the NSA 49.5gr and 47.2gr slugs very accurately. 

Has anyone compared the accuracy of the 1:26 to the 1:22 superior liner.

Would there be an advantage going to the 1:22 liner.

Thanks

BC

I’m also interested in this

I need to figure the twist rate out as well I have 2 liners I bought from Ernest Rowe and he marked them as slug A 700mm .30. It shot the VK 50gr and the old flat base 49.5gr nsa slugs, I than asked him what liner he liked and he called it the mk2 superior not sure what the twist rate is on it guess I need to figure out how to measure the twist rate since all the liners have the carbon sleeve epoxied on. 

The theory as I have read it, is that you want to use the slowest twist that will sufficiently stabilize your projectile, and that any faster twist has the potential to increase spiraling for imperfect projectiles that have asymmetric weight distribution. If this was easy to figure out, though, we wouldn't have had 3 different Superior standard twist rates. Proof is really in the results.

For whatever it's worth.

twist rates.1637513200.JPG

https://fxairguns-usa.com/fx-superior-stx-liner-twist-rates/