Slug Shooting Question

you are good to go.

You might want to rotate the barrel so you are using the dual hole transfer port VS the opposite single hole transfer port in the barrel ( my .177 Maverick however only have the single hole transfer port, so i would have to go aftermarket to get the 40 - 50 FPS more you get using the dual transfer port VS the regular one )

You might have to dial a little on the knobs on the M3 if you dont get the desired speeds.

Here we are talking lighter slugs, if you want to shoot the very heavy ones in your caliber you are probably better off getting a heavy slug liner + slug power kit and pin probe too.

But lighter stuff and you should be good to go with the stock gun.

I get the exact same performance with slugs, not one FPS difference between the 2, with the stock pellet probe as i did spending money on the slug probe kit. it's a waste of $$ on the M3. I think that upgrade was actually made for the older stock impacts because it makes no difference on slugs and actually hinders pellet performance if you use the pellet probe shooting pellets. You'll figure that out on your own if you purchase the so called upgrade and use it with pellets.

The M3 comes prefect from the factory for pellets and slugs. I turned my barrel to the slug side and use that for pellets and slugs.

Untitled-1.1645185336.jpg

Reactions: Butch
if you want to get nit-picky about supreme accuracy and if you shoot single shot you can adjust the pin probes depth to seat your projectile in the chamber exactly where you want it.

Will it shoot any better? It may possibly shoot a bit better but most likely barely enough to notice.

Otherwise on a well tuned, ported and adjusted MK1 I got no increase in velocity, with slugs or pellets, with the power kit either.

I did not try adjusting and shooting single shot as that is not how I intended to shoot the gun.

I just put the standard pellet probe back in and used the supplied valve spring for a more adjustable gun.

if you want to get nit-picky about supreme accuracy and if you shoot single shot you can adjust the pin probes depth to seat your projectile in the chamber exactly where you want it.

This is not the case with the pin probe with pellets. the pin will not seat the pellets as far as the sock probe on the M3. slugs are not as concave or not concave and pellets are in the back. in reality and in practice the stock probe seats the pellets and slugs perfectly. the pin probe, in theory would have to be adjusted if you switched from slugs to pellets to get the same seating depth. and you cannot adjust the pin probe far enough forward for pellets when you cock it to clear the magazine. it's that simple. I would advise you o get the kit and try it out for yourself so you can better understand what's going on. it's cheap and when you find out it don't work like you thought on the m3. anyway you can sell it lol.

Will it shoot any better? It may possibly shoot a bit better but most likely barely enough to notice.

nope on the M3

Otherwise on a well tuned, ported and adjusted MK1 I got no increase in velocity, with slugs or pellets, with the power kit either.

not relative to the sock m3

I did not try adjusting and shooting single shot as that is not how I intended to shoot the gun.

if you bought the gun from anywhere other than pyramid air, they probably set it up. 

I just put the standard pellet probe back in and used the supplied valve spring for a more adjustable gun.

100% the truth. all that poop about upgrade kit does not apply to the M3. now there are things that will be coming out that are upgrades for the m3. but I bet we are talking 3-6 months out, at least. like the carbon fiber stiffener shroud, i want that. one of the later Matt vids goes over this.

I get the exact same performance with slugs, not one FPS difference between the 2, with the stock pellet probe as i did spending money on the slug probe kit. it's a waste of $$ on the M3. I think that upgrade was actually made for the older stock impacts because it makes no difference on slugs and actually hinders pellet performance if you use the pellet probe shooting pellets. You'll figure that out on your own if you purchase the so called upgrade and use it with pellets.

The M3 comes prefect from the factory for pellets and slugs. I turned my barrel to the slug side and use that for pellets and slugs.

Untitled-1.1645185336.jpg

The slug kit applies to all Impacts. You just don’t know enough about the gun to know when it’s needed. So it’s not a good idea to say it doesn’t work. Yes, the pin probe is not a pellet probe but they also don’t call it a pellet power kit.