• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Slug sampler .25?

Trying to find and slug sampler pack for the Air Venturi Avenger in .25. Found one here:

Note that they are offering a pack in .249 or .25. What would be the best for an Avenger? Is there a better deal to be had somewhere else?

I'm curious what others have found out about this.
I've shot H&N 28gr .249 and .250 in the avenger. They both seem to shoot fine. Keep in mind I was shooting at a metal squirrel target at 75yds, not at paper targets, so I don't know which one would actually group better. I hit the target the same amount with each slug.
So I'm still confused.
And right now I'm more interested in hunting squirrel and rabbit than sitting down with the chrono and being somewhat methodical about testing.

Reactions: JamesW1
Trying to find and slug sampler pack for the Air Venturi Avenger in .25. Found one here:

Note that they are offering a pack in .249 or .25. What would be the best for an Avenger? Is there a better deal to be had somewhere else?
2495 if choked. My bullboss spits 28 gr at 860 fps but fx 26gr (i believe fx are .2505) only go around 700 through my chrony. I hit 810 with the 36 gr .2495. my boss is choked. So thats the factor there. Choke squeezes to hard on .2505

Reactions: JamesW1

@JamesW1 If you’re testing slugs for the first times nd haven’t slugged your barrel, I recommend trying both diameter sample packs. When trying to find out what your gun’s barrel likes be prepared to have excess projectiles that it didn’t shoot well. Tough for another person who hasn’t owned or shot your rifle to tell you what it likes. Also check Nielsen Specialty Ammo (NSA) to see if they offer sample packs.