• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning slug power kit

I put in a huma slug power kit today and didn't change a thing on my tune for the gun which is a m3 700m sniper but when i was all done with the install i shoot it a couple of time a notice the sound report from the gun had increased dramatically. like from backyard friend to no way i would shoot that in the backyard loud. I wondering if that normal and just need to adjust my regs down or did i do something wrong installation 

I put in a huma slug power kit today and didn't change a thing on my tune for the gun which is a m3 700m sniper but when i was all done with the install i shoot it a couple of time a notice the sound report from the gun had increased dramatically. like from backyard friend to no way i would shoot that in the backyard loud. I wondering if that normal and just need to adjust my regs down or did i do something wrong installation

Did you use a chronograph to test velocity before and after installing the kit? 

Not that checking the velocity and energy level mitigates your responsibility to your neighbors, only you can make that determination. I'm just wondering if the kit has increased your power output, which would allow you to decrease the regulator and other power settings.

I would assume the change is sound is that now more air go down the barrel while it is still at high speed. ?

I have not noticed a change in sound by putting in the pin probe ( dual transfer port already there ) and heavier hammer of a power kit into my .177 Maverick.

I am going to take that hammer out in a few minutes, thats simply too much of a good thing in a .177 rifle with a 700 mm barrel.