• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Slug Power kit what hammerspring ?

I’m having the same issue in both my impacts (22 and 25 cal) both 700 mm barrels after installing the slugpowerkit . I can slow things down with the valve knob but it’s not optimal. With the complete kit and the 57 hs things get hot, but it’s only 20 FPS different from min to max. I tried all possible reg settings and hammer settings . 

I decided to look at my 22 cal and replace the 57 hs with smaller one from the plenum kit and the powerwheel now works again. I can now group the 25 grain hp slug at 980 FPS at 100 yards. But this is my max setting reg 125 16 mm pre load. Rising the reg with this hs and velocity drops. I have a bunch of 30 and 34 gr slugs I would like to shot at 1000 FPS. And maybe have the possibility to slow the 25 gr at powerwheel 4.

If the Power Wheel doesn't turn, then the HSTA is maxed too much, preventing the wheel from actually turning. Back it out a hair until the wheel turns.

If each setting on the wheel gives the same speed then the HSTA screw is too far in....like below 16.00 mm.

Max the HSTA, then use the Reg to find your speed plus say 10-15 fps then back out the HSTA until you see the speed start to drop. At this point check speed on the P Wheel and you'll see speeds drop with each click down on the wheel. This is where you want to be. Then use the Power Wheel to find the best setting for best groups.

I'm using the 57 mm spring and am getting a working power wheel with the above method...

And yes with the 52 mm spring and no power kit you won't get anything above 125 bar and 900 fps.