Slug diameter for Lothar Walter barrel

In doing research, I’ve found conflicting information. .001 under groove diameter, .001 over groove diameter and even the same as groove diameter. I’m sorry, I should have stated that the barrel is a blank and needs machining. The leade needs to be cut in, which is one of the many reasons I would like to get it right the first time. 
Would a diameter of .218 seal property? This is my first barrel build so your responses are greatly appreciated.

This barrel is going to be my slug barrel for my RTI Prophet Performance.

Generally NO air gun barrels designed to shoot a Pellet will ever fit a slug at the ideal groove clearance. The differential of Land / Groove diameters is just too great.

Resistance in pushing a slug threw a barrel where each of the 12 lands are pressed into the lead @ .003" really can have an effect on power.

Many times a deeper freebore / leade is required to provide JUMP. very snug filling slugs will be quite resistant to get moving initially when pushed into the rifling.

just some FYI

I gotcha. I was thinking the same thing about the difference in the bore and groove diameter. That’s .006 total, which to even me, a newbie, seems like a lot of resistance to be had. In your opinion, what do you think the best way to go about finding the proper size with a blank with no leade yet? I’m not sure, being my first time and all, how to find the right size to cut the leade into the barrel. Then the next logical thing along with that would be depth, but weight would dictate the length, right?? I was thinking about having the proper slug in the proper weight to send along with the barrel so they can cut the leade for that slug. Would this be the proper thought process or am I totally off base?

The barrel is two months out thankfully, giving me a little time to get a better grip on these things. Veradium Air is going to be machining this for me when it arrives.

Once again, I really appreciate all the help!

No idea on power the LTI can do ?

But will say in my several .22 slug set ups where I've done my own barrel prep ...

In the LW 12 groove std w/ choke and a HW 6 groove chokeless while using the NSA 20.2 and 23's in .217, I set up free bore at .218 so minimal Yaw potential and have the slugs just starting to press into rifling when full chambered. NO JUMP Sittin there like cork in a bottle and they shoot fantastic. Tho note these .22 PCP are running in the 45-48 fpe range with those weight pellets or slugs, so pretty stout power plants !

On my RTI I fill to 300 bar and have the reg set to 180 bar. I’m shooting JBS 25.39 redesigned right around 1000 to 1010 fps. Extremely accurate and hits hard. The reg pressure max is 225 but I haven’t the need to use it that high. 
I just got off the phone with Veradium Air and they are planning to slug the barrel and then get with Mr. Hollowpoint. Don’t know if they are going to design a custom slug or if there will be one that Mr. Hollowpoint has on hand. He said when they do that, they will be able to precisely cut the leade in for that particular slug along with fabricating a pusher for the chamber. He also stated that he would be able to get the mold dimensions so I could have a mold made for the particular slug.

I’m going to send them my RTI and the barrels and they will pretty much take care of the rest, which for me is the best case scenario as I would definitely mess it up somehow. I shoot them not design them! Lol!

I wish I had the skills to prep and fit my own barrels. Never had any experience with that. When I speak with Veradium Air again I’ll ask him about how he plans to do the chamber. The way you have yours seems like the way to go to me. You guys have way more expertise regarding this. 
I also think that my RTI should have enough power to do what I want it to do. I’ve shot up to 32 grain so far in slugs and it pushed them at a solid 980 fps. Unsuccessful I might add with the choked barrel on there now. Shot several different diameters and numerous weights. Found a few in .217 that work ok but not the accuracy I’m looking for. The .22 long range barrel that’s on it stock shoots jsb redesigned 25.39 extremely accurately but the slightest bit of wind at 100yds to 150yds really pushes the pellet. This is why I need something with a better BC that can handle the wind more effectively.