Slug damage. Graphic 😬

Shot a chipmunk head on at 40 yards with the .177 RedWolf HP and a 13.43 knockout slug.
It’s graphic, but it shows the devastation of these tiny slugs at 1020 fps.
Definitely a humane kill!

IMG_7047.jpeg

IMG_7049.jpeg

I've had really good luck with the 10.03s. Looks like I need to include some 13s with my next order. I love value JSB and Trenier gives us in the slug market with these Knockouts.
The 10.03 grain are good, but not nearly as good as the 13.43 grain in my rifle.
You are sure right about the value!
You get 200 shots for under $20, if my math is correct that’s just under a penny a shot!
Remember the VW commercial that said 2 pennies a mile?
Daystate needs to do something similar for the .177 😂.

Now that's a jaw dropping shot, pun intended! 😀
Slow and heavy gets you deep, but when you push projectiles really fast, the flesh simply can't get out of the way, and it ends up ripping, and sometimes seeming to explode from the impact!
Good pun😂.
While it’s not true hydrostatic shock, it’s definitely explosive tissue destruction that’s for certain.
Here’s pictures of slugs shot into wet paper, I was very impressed with the mushrooms.

IMG_6193.jpeg

The 10.03 grain are good, but not nearly as good as the 13.43 grain in my rifle.
You are sure right about the value!
You get 200 shots for under $20, if my math is correct that’s just under a penny a shot!
Remember the VW commercial that said 2 pennies a mile?
Daystate needs to do something similar for the .177 😂.
You can get 400 13.43s from Trenier Outdoors for under $13.

Reactions: davelarson
Good pun😂.
While it’s not true hydrostatic shock, it’s definitely explosive tissue destruction that’s for certain.
Here’s pictures of slugs shot into wet paper, I was very impressed with the mushrooms.

View attachment 394196
There's a pun in there somewhere just waiting to come out...That said.....how much wet paper?