• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Slug Barrel For AirForce Condor?

Nope..one way to go could be LW polygonal blanks or LW standard rifling without choke.. that would be In order to use commercially aviable slugs.. Tj liners have one no choke.. 22 Pellet barrel .. the rest are bullet barrels.. one good thing about tj if you don't mind to much about $$ is that with him you could order the tooling to make your barrel to what ever you want to test .. in a pellet size 5.5 but in a 1-14 twist thay could make for you. ..a 1-14 is all ready aviable but in 224 ..for only cast bullet.. a factory condor valve should have no problem shooting 40g with a custom tj in 5.5 .at 1000fps with a length of 27 1/2 "now if you find a Doug noble valve then that is another completely different power league..

I'm shooting the NSA 24.8 grain slugs with a .2175 diameter at about 840 FPS. The groups are decent but I was wanting to see if I could do better.

The slugs have to be seated with a pellet seater to prevent them from falling out of the barrel after closing the bolt. I also noticed that it won't take long for the slugs to start corkscrewing.

However, after I clean the barrel, the corkscrewing stops for a while. Before my last shooting session with the rifle ended, I put a thin coating of Ballistol on the slugs and noticed a big difference in how they flew to the target.

@mercado how are you getting the 34 grain slugs to stabilize in the OEM barrels? Isn't the twist of 1:17" a little slow for that slug?

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
My .25 condor shoots 32.8 gr Varmint Knockers very well. I have the .22 barrel for it as well but its been a couple years since I last used the .22 barrel and I don’t recall extensively trying different slugs with it. I know I did put a few different NSA offerings through it but nothing stood out as noteworthy like the 32.8 VK’s in .25 did.
* edit to add that there was also a .round nose 25 cal 52 grain boat-tail slug I believe it was from Griffin (not 100% sure about that at this point.) and it was pretty phenomenal out of the Condor even though it was a MAJOR tight fit into the bore. It was so heavy that I could only got 5 shot shot strings from it untethered before my tank’s air pressure wasn’t able to keep up. But at 50 yards it was pretty incredible accuracy. I had forgot about that bit of experimentation until just now. It just used too much air for too few shots for it to be useful to me. Probably was leaving a lot of lead in the rifling too but I don’t recall. The VK’s in 32.8 showed me a good shot count and very acceptable accuracy and I never did any further testing. Looking back now I think I’d like to possibly re-visit that heavy slug and see what it holds at longer distances. If I can remember exactly where it came from.

Last edited:
The Griffins hpbt .30 work well in my 22 condor out to 250 yds. Avs and Nsa also work.

Screenshot_20230618_113432_Strelok Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20230618_113400_Strelok Pro.jpg

20230511_083020.jpg

As the title suggests; does anyone make aftermarket slug barrels for the AirForce Condor in .22 Caliber? More specifically for the Condor SS in .22 caliber.
Dude buy the Griffin Airgun ammo.249 elr boat tails 59.3 grain I believe. He made them for condor island I can hit czone steel at 300 just hold over at same hash mark and first 10 shots no drop. 50 I can knock little finches out of a tree. Bucks wind and I drop coyotes with it(2) so far

And yes they do but don't bother by the time you get it made if u find 1 of 2 people it's expensive. Email the owner of Griffin. I didn't believe until I shot. Also he makes pellet base.249 for small game. **** a pellet I'm with you I forgot where mine are that's how good these .249 swaged beautiful slugs are. Sorry I went down rabbit hole u are going. I promise not worth it
We have to get impact with slug liner if u want better imo. I have a.257 Texan lss and I sold the next month. Can't learn anything because slugs drop off quickly because it's a gas hog. I'm just saving for fx and keeping co
Nope..one way to go could be LW polygonal blanks or LW standard rifling without choke.. that would be In order to use commercially aviable slugs.. Tj liners have one no choke.. 22 Pellet barrel .. the rest are bullet barrels.. one good thing about tj if you don't mind to much about $$ is that with him you could order the tooling to make your barrel to what ever you want to test .. in a pellet size 5.5 but in a 1-14 twist thay could make for you. ..a 1-14 is all ready aviable but in 224 ..for only cast bullet.. a factory condor valve should have no problem shooting 40g with a custom tj in 5.5 .at 1000fps with a length of 27 1/2 "now if you find a Doug noble valve then that is another completely different power league..
Or just save up for one of those Ferrari impact m3, or panthers. U start messing with the stuff you talking about might as well buy a gun designed to shoot sligs

Reactions: Steelontarget
And yes they do but don't bother by the time you get it made if u find 1 of 2 people it's expensive. Email the owner of Griffin. I didn't believe until I shot. Also he makes pellet base.249 for small game. **** a pellet I'm with you I forgot where mine are that's how good these .249 swaged beautiful slugs are. Sorry I went down rabbit hole u are going. I promise not worth it
We have to get impact with slug liner if u want better imo. I have a.257 Texan lss and I sold the next month. Can't learn anything because slugs drop off quickly because it's a gas hog. I'm just saving for fx and keeping co

Or just save up for one of those Ferrari impact m3, or panthers. U start messing with the stuff you talking about might as well buy a gun designed to shoot sligs
We all have different..wants n likes.. my uragans shoot slugs perfectly for what I need them to do . Me personally will never buy nothing FX related.. if someone came with a 223 bullpub that could shoot 50gr .. then I buy one.. I have a 257 condor one in .30 one in .224 they all shoot awesome to bad I'm not in to do videos.. I don't need to find no body to split the cost .. I paid for the 6 pieces of tooling to have my barrels made + 6 - 33" barrels from tj one of each .. + having all 6 machined ..tooling was donated to tj so anyone could buy it if interested..and when this is done with start with 177 . What to know what twist is needed in order to shoot heavy. 177 ..between 24gr n 30gr .. i could easily have purchased 2 or 3.. FX with that amount of money.. I had consider buying FX .. but i enjoy casting bullets better ..I don't like to buy what every body wants.. but for those who like them good every body have to enjoy what they like..life is short..

Last edited:
Reactions: RM.510bigbore