• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Slug Advice. Power Tunned .25 Cricket.

Unless you plan to use the Nielsen Speciality Ammo or Rat Sniper swaged slugs, I would say to get a barrel without a choke if you want to shoot slugs. What is your end game? What are you planning to shoot with slugs? You are getting 60 FPE with pellets so you can kill medium sized game with that power with proper placement. With slugs you are going to need to slug your barrel for the exact diameter and get your twist rate. Most airgun choked barrels are not real good slug shooters.

If I get a chance and the weather cooperates (something that rarely happens any more) I'll try to cast up several .25 slugs and play with them. It was my original intention but my Cricket shot JSB 34's so well I never followed up on trying to develop a slug for it. I have 4 or 5 different slugs I can cast for .25's. 
I can tell you I remember that the .25H&N Grizzly Pellets, do NOT work at all in any gun I have with a barrel longer than 12"!

Thurmond

"T3PRanch"If I get a chance and the weather cooperates (something that rarely happens any more) I'll try to cast up several .25 slugs and play with them. It was my original intention but my Cricket shot JSB 34's so well I never followed up on trying to develop a slug for it. I have 4 or 5 different slugs I can cast for .25's. 
I can tell you I remember that the .25H&N Grizzly Pellets, do NOT work at all in any gun I have with a barrel longer than 12"!
Thurmond
I have a Edgun matador in 25 and the best it would shoot the grizzly slug was 1.5 inch at 25 yards and 4 inches at 50yds. the slug is under sized for my barrel.

My advice, fwiw, is talk to Nick Nielsen. I believe he owns a tuned .25 Cricket that shoots around 80fpe with slugs. It’s a proven coyote killer. But, like diesel said, 60fpe with pellets is still pretty badass. 

Brian
@airgunner.usa
1526351067_190978545afa44dbdeef31.27325159_78B80B2B-74BE-4702-96AD-2B453F117D1C.jpeg

You'll get about 100 fps more with the 25's. My gun shoots them both accurately, with slightly better accuracy from the 34's and the first addition MK's nudge out the later two's for accuracy. Joe Rhea sold a 25 years back posting a single hole group with the grizzly 31 grain. Them along with 2 sizes of Rat Sniper, 44 grain Eunjins, and Polymags could not come close to the accuracy of the JSB's. A 60 ft/lbs flat shooting laser, can't hate it.