Slug Accuracy Went South

I recently did a pre-pesting trip sight in and noticed my accuracy was poor. I decided to do a barrel clean and then redo the o-ring spacing with four o-rings in the middle wrapped with duct tape and two o-rings about six inches from the barrel ends similar to what I saw Ernest Rowe. My thought was to try to get a snug liner to barrel fit. I then went to re-zero and could not get good groups to save my life. I guess I changed the barrel harmonics. I still was able to get small groups with the slug barrel shooting the Hades . One of my questions is what are the sizes of the o-rings that go on the liners in .22 and .25 caliber. I can't see them on the FX Impact barrel kit parts list. It is frustrating when you buy a liner that they do not included the o-rings particularly since the are so inexpensive. When I get a liner I would usually search through my o-ring supply and try to find something that was close in size but I need to be consistent in what I use. Any one know those o-ring sizes. Thank Bill

I use 5mm x 2.5mm orings. I have found that once my guns are accurate, I leave them alone. No matter who says what. Every guys gun is different. Can’t blame you for chasing that extra 1/8 inch though. At least what you did is reversible. Sucks when it’s not.

Vetmx I forgot to be clear in saying the problem I was having at this time was with my FX Impact .25 cal. barrel. Are the 5mm x 2.5mm what you are using with the .25 cal. barrel. If so that is good because I found I have seven on hand. By the way do you place three o-rings spaced out along the liner as per what FX does for the 700mm barrel. Thanks Bill

I have a Dreamline. Do they use the same liner tube as the Impact? Mine has a 500mm barrel and there were only 2 orings in it. My gun is also a .22 so my oring size may be different. I would still try that size. When stretched over a .25 liner, it will get thinner. I would put them back in the way they were when your gun was happy. Space them the way FX had them. They had to do their homework.

AirgunBill,

I did the same exact thing w my .25. Four i rings in the middle w Teflon tape and I put two on each end a few inches in. Accuracy has suffered. Going to try going back to one in the middle and one on each end and just start over. 
If I may ask what are your tune settings?

Reg, HSTA, Valve, slug weight and make?

I'm not familiar with the platform but the concept is fascinating. What mechanism could cause the accuracy to "go south" as you say with the changes noted? Seems the o-rings near the middle would have little effect but the ones near the end could affect loading path or breech o-ring and muzzle endpiece engagement at the other end. Could the additional o-rings be shifting or causing the barrel to shift as shots are taken? Very interesting issue.

Wish I could answer your question. The o-Rings on the ends are several inches in so I don’t see how they would interfere with the breach. 
I’ve gone back to just three O-rings to see if there’s a difference. One on each end and one in the middle all equidistant from one another. The weather is so bad here it’ll be days before I can get out to try it.