Slug A or superior heavy??? For slug only

Hey guys. Have a .25 cal impact. I want to shoot only slugs. Been shooting pellets for the past 20 years but after seeing Matt dubbers videos on how well slugs handle in wind over pellets, I dont think I will go back to pellets. The days of pellets is over. The time for slug is now. Should I get the slug A liner or superior heavy? Both these are slug liners if I'm not mistaken. But I do not want to get both just to test and have 1 sit and collect dust. So just want to get the best liner for slugs. Can yall who shot slugs tell me what liner to get. Will be shooting mostly nsa cause they are cheapest slugs I can fine. Thinking of the 36gr nsa and 38 gr nsa.

Wednesday ( from the 1991 movie ) have aged well it seem.

The relation of mom and dad Adams in that movie,,,,,, that is the kind of relationship i am looking for, and hence why i am still a bachelor even with my ravishing looks.

Dont know any of the barrels in question, but it is my understanding they both work fine, i would however take the heavy as it is the newest model.

Still chomping at the bit for a .177 slug liner.

Be afraid, be very afraid! As Wednesday Adam's said. Things are not always as they appear.
Amen! Slugs are not a thornless rose. Yes they suffer less from wind and shoot flatter than a pellet, but getting your gun to shoot them accurately is not always so easy. You may want to shoot NSA’s for whatever reason but your gun Is not obligated to agree with your choice.
I am not adverse to slugs. I have a slug shooter and a pellet shooter, but shooting slugs well is rarely just a matter of choosing a liner or barrel then randomly choosing a slug that appeals to you.

I have been shooting slugs since I got my 1st Impact MKII with out any problems.
I started shooting the H&N Grizzly ammo, those weren't tack driving accurate but could easily take prairie dogs at 125 yards.
My M3 shoots the NSA 36.2gr @980fps and they are deadly accurate out to 200 yards.
I have just started shooting the H&N 40gr heavy ammo @960fps.( I don't like the word slug, the slow slithering bug).
Check out the video of them vaporizing this cucumber at 28 yards.

20220914_162921.jpg

Screenshot_20220922-080819_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FNG Bigbore
Amen! Slugs are not a thornless rose. Yes they suffer less from wind and shoot flatter than a pellet, but getting your gun to shoot them accurately is not always so easy. You may want to shoot NSA’s for whatever reason but your gun Is not obligated to agree with your choice.
I am not adverse to slugs. I have a slug shooter and a pellet shooter, but shooting slugs well is rarely just a matter of choosing a liner or barrel then randomly choosing a slug that appeals to you.
Idk but Matt and those south Africa guys tested slugs and pellets in windy conditions and at 100 yards the pellets won't even hit the target and they give up on pellets, while the slug was making contact each time. So to me slugs seem to be superior thats why I am switching to slugs. If using pellet it must be no wind or shooting at close distance under 50 yards.

Reactions: Impact701
Living in Denmark ( windy ) i am firmly a fan of slugs, but getting some MRD pellets of which i only have 1 tin are high on the agenda.
A agenda that granted have been a bit disturbed with the news about new FX and Zan slugs.

Thankfully this is the off season where the chance of being able to shoot pellets are the lowest, and i have plenty of slugs and a will to get / try more.

Idk but Matt and those south Africa guys tested slugs and pellets in windy conditions and at 100 yards the pellets won't even hit the target and they give up on pellets, while the slug was making contact each time. So to me slugs seem to be superior thats why I am switching to slugs. If using pellet it must be no wind or shooting at close distance under 50 yards.
That was the point I was making. I worded it poorly. I said the “suffer less with wind” and should have just said there is a lot less wind drift.
We agree on that point. I just write poorly