• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Slowing down

Percula

Sep 6, 2016
AZ
Hi All

Since I've been absent for some time now I thought I would post an update for those wondering. I'm slowing down on air gun shooting and focusing on trap shooting primarily now. Several things have left a bad taste in my mouth with airgun shooting of late that I do not experience in trap shooting, for example scoring is very binary in trap, you broke the target or you didn't not a lot of questions. I tend to break even or better in trap, aka it's paying for itself more or less, something that airgun shooting will never do.

I've ordered a custom rifle that I will get after my Thomas sells. I'm going to a "one gun that will do it all" position. I will continue to partake in BR and silhouette competitions when they don't overlap with my trap events. I enjoy shooting air guns and find it VERY challenging and a lot of fun. 

I've met some wonderful people in airguns and some grand a-holes too. More nice people than jerks. But all it takes is on a-hole to ruin a good day shooting. 

Good luck, i really enjoy trap. Back in 1965 i got drafted into the Army. A week before leaving my father and i went skeet and trap shooting. First time out trap shooting with my Sears Savage 12 gauge, i hit 24 of 25, my father got 25 of 25 with his Parker Bros, double barrel. I told him it was because of my 15 dollar Savage vs his exquisite Parker Bros. We laughed had a good meal and a beer. One of my most memorable times with dad.

I shoot trap and my other guns and bow, right on my own property, I have 30 Acres. So generally if i am having a bad day it's on me.

I'm pretty much a hermit these days, everything i need and do is out here, other than a ride or two on the Harley every week, and they are solo.

You can run into idiots anywhere, any hobby, sport, profession, you just have to look at the big picture and move on.

Enjoy your trap shooting.

"crittahitta"Thats why I shoot on my property with my friend or alone. If I get ticked off it is either at the wind or myself for pulling a shot. Good luck in your new hobby. Airguns will still be here when you come back. What trap gun did you order?
Currently using a TriStar TT-15 DTA. Plan to get a Beretta DT-11 X-Trap combo in the spring, takes time to save up for that one, makes airguns look cheap, lol.

"jlc"Good luck, i really enjoy trap. Back in 1965 i got drafted into the Army. A week before leaving my father and i went skeet and trap shooting. First time out trap shooting with my Sears Savage 12 gauge, i hit 24 of 25, my father got 25 of 25 with his Parker Bros, double barrel. I told him it was because of my 15 dollar Savage vs his exquisite Parker Bros. We laughed had a good meal and a beer. One of my most memorable times with dad.

I shoot trap and my other guns and bow, right on my own property, I have 30 Acres. So generally if i am having a bad day it's on me.

I'm pretty much a hermit these days, everything i need and do is out here, other than a ride or two on the Harley every week, and they are solo.

You can run into idiots anywhere, any hobby, sport, profession, you just have to look at the big picture and move on.

Enjoy your trap shooting.
Yeppers. So far in closing in on year trap shooting I've been lucky I guess in that I haven't ran across anybody truly awful. 

I'm mostly shooting ATA trap, but also shoot Olympic trap and Helice. Those last two will humble you quick, lol. Living in AZ there are a lot of opportunities to shoot with an event to shoot just about every week between October and May. We get large events with (2) satellite grands in Tucson where every event has hundreds of shooters.