• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Slow leak

Good afternoon, I've got an AF Condor SS that I purchased from PA about 4yrs ago, with a high flow tank that I purchased from Talon tunes. I've had this gun just sitting around for about 2.5yrs. The tank has developed a slow leak, that I can hear and if I place my ear up to it, I can only hear it directly from the gauge. I already tried Teflon tape on the threads, but that didn't work. Anyone have any ideas, or do I have to send it back to Tony or AF for repairs?

Just a word of advice, try avoiding disassembling guns in the future. Not saying you ever did, just a word of caution.

What happens is that it's hard to tighten the screws back to the same pressure as they were tightened before (unless you have a tool to measure screw pressure) and as a result, the seal breaks.

Reactions: rmslim1
Is there an o-ring under the guage where it screws in? I had to replace one on my Hatsan last week because it was slow-leaking. The o-ring was visibly smushed, so it was an easy diagnosis and fix.
No O-ring, it looked like black Teflon tape in the threading. Besides, I don't know where the he'll to find an O-ring that size...

Just a word of advice, try avoiding disassembling guns in the future. Not saying you ever did, just a word of caution.

What happens is that it's hard to tighten the screws back to the same pressure as they were tightened before (unless you have a tool to measure screw pressure) and as a result, the seal breaks.
I agree that Airguns shouldn't be taken apart, but it's a leaky tank, which unscrews from the gun itself, and the tank has "0" pressure.

Tried that to no avail. No bubbles visible at all, but I can hear the damn leak.

If you can hear it, you can feel it. On your lips or cheek. I'm serious!

I don't agree with not disassembling guns. By all means, disassemble them and put them back together in working order so you know how to do it later. The last thing you want is a failure decades down the road, when this forum doesn't exist and society has changed somehow, and not knowing how it works and usually pretty basic leak repairs.

As far as overtightening gauges, that's just the kind of thing you can quickly get used to now (and easily get a feel for), so you don't screw it up later.

Soapy water or even better some non corrosive leak detecting fluid/spray. I ordered a bottle of non corrosive leak detecting spray off amazon called “ComStar Lea Bubbles Yellow”. It was only 10 bucks and is enough to check 10 guys guns for a lifetime if used properly. It’s fluorescent yellow and bubbles up extremely well with even a tiny leak. I had a similar leak on my FX wildcat mk3 bottle gauge. Rather than spraying the leak detecting fluid, I used a little plastic micro dropper I dabbed a little of this stuff around the the threads and gun on the gauge and it started bubbling up immediately. I degassed my gun. Unscrewed the gauge and put a new o ring in and it was fixed.