Sloppy cocking handle on Wildcat

So I bought a used Wildcat here and just can't get over how sloppy, floppy, and otherwise loose the cocking handle and linkage are. Wiggles all over the place up and down and all around and can't get it to adjust to hold tight to the stock when not in use. Hard to believe it is designed that way on purpose. Is it just worn out? Can I tweak, fix, or have replaced. Any suggestion is appreciated. Please say they are not all like this!

Thanks!

Shooting my wildcat .25 right now and mine is just fine, just getting it air'd up again to do some more shooting but I have read that the pin can get loose...just looked at it again and it’s just fine.
5473bf1995faa4a152b4e2da32b64c9b.jpg

Is your probe adjusted correctly? Reason I ask is because there is a spring inside that small tube that the cocking lever rod rides in. If someone has loosened the 2 set screws and allowed that rod to move too far back than maybe the spring tension isnt acting on the rod causing it to feel loose? Don't loosen them screws unless you have digital calipers though because the probe needs to be adjusted an exact distance from the rear of the action so you get proper alignment with the transfer port. Here are a few things to check out. Hope you get it solved!

http://www.fxairguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/wild-exploded-drawing-Standard.pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8dEWn7j8LZtVXdCSGdCckhMRjR2blpWOWdFdFZQc2RiOXhN/view

No it should not rotate because if you look at part C9 on the diagram (Reload Sliding bracket) there are two set screws that lock that bar into place and also align the probe with the transfer port. There is a step by step on how to set the probe depth on the troubleshooting guide. I loosened the two screws on the sliding bracket and set my caliper depth gauge locking it at the right depth and used the caliper to push the probe forward, held it there while tightening those screws. They don't need to be super tight so don't over torque them or you risk breaking or stripping them.

Oh since it has been rotating freely I would turn it clockwise to make make sure it is properly screwed into the guide connector (part A39) before setting probe depth.

Here is a good video showing a complete take down of the wildcat so you can see how all the parts fit together. It isn't as complicated once you see how it all works.