• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other sling

An inexpensive (but perfectly functional) option is the good old cotton GI sling:

https://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page13.html

Available elsewhere too, but the Appleseed store has them at a good price & is (in my humble opinion) a good cause to support.

Tons of other options out there, some of which are faster to adjust than the GI sling, but at a higher cost. Blue Force Gear & Short Action Precision make good ones.

Slings are super easy to make. Hardest part is setting up the sewing machine thread tension to match the thickness of the material you are using. I started making my own slings when I saw the prices they offer for some nylon webbing, plastic slides and waxed thread. Already had 2 old sewing machines lying around and found polyester tube webbing for cheap in a plethora of colors and patterns. Cheap plastic or metal slides and adjusters and your imagination is all you need. For positional shooting, you could get away with even less material as all you need it a tightening loop of the front stud. No need for a full front to back sling. When I think about what I paid for the decked out sniper slings I bought years ago and what it would have cost to make. Ugh.

IMO, the old GI web sling is the best there is. I used the leather national match sling (M1907) when I was shooting service rifle. I will admit that it may be better, assuming the shooter is properly slung with it and using a shooting jacket. But it's a pain for casual shooting, and new shooters will acclimate to the web sling much faster. What type of air rifle will you be using in the class?