Sling for Fx Royale?

Hi, All,
I'm looking to sling my FX Royale and am wondering if there's any reason not use a clamp and swivel on the carbon fiber bottle. Is there a possibility the weight could damage the bottle? I know I could install a front swivel in the forestock but I don't think the gun would balance as well as if the swivel were further forward. Any input is welcome-I walk a lot with it and over the shoulder carry gets old.

I put a short pic rail on the forend, mostly for bipod use, but I can also attach a sling. I know that a lot of folks attach various things to the bottle, but I have never thought it to be a good idea. If you attach a sling in a forward position on the bottle, that has a leverage effect at the valve end. If you are careful in its use, I expect it should be fine, I just figure the stock is a more robust anchor point.

Reactions: Rj
27 Nov 2012 (8) - Copy.JPG
Put a sling stud on the gun and use a Safari sling. No pressure on the studs and hands free carring.

The pic rail I use is a combo rail, with a hole in front for sling attachment. It works fine for me for carrying, not sure about the balance problem, unless you are using it as a shooting sling rather than carry. By the way, the old GI cotton sling is, IMO, the best all-purpose sling ever made, light, comfortable, and infinitely adjustable. I've even used it under service rifle tension when in position. Sorry about the photo size, I couldn't seem to reduce it.

20221128_081257.jpg