Tuning Sling attachment to MKII

I purchased the bottle clamp from Saber Tactical for my FX MKII .25 and I love it. Perfect for mounting a sling and the bonus of my preferred placement for a bipod. It's also not at all in the way of my hand placement when shooting offhand, which is the norm for me. My 'dilemma' is making a rear mounting point for a sling stud. I have the saber Tactical Bag Rider and my initial thoughts were either to a) lag in a traditional wood-type stud into the bottom of the stock rubber shoulder/butt pad. Not sure if that will be strong enough, or b) drill a hole in the Bag Rider and attach a threaded stud with a nut in the inside.

I'm leaning towards option b as it's somewhat of a guarantee and strong. Am I completely missing the boat on something obvious? I want something traditional and hands free. I need to be able to carry items like my duffel with my Born Wild Shooting Chair, any harvested game, etc. so I'm not into single point tactical mounts or anything that creates weird angles.

Thanks in advance for your input...always appreciated.

This is what I came up with. Got it from Amazon, I cut out some of the grip to fit the nuts.

657DCF48-1BE6-4C62-B47E-546E1ECDA4B1.1624895304.jpeg
EF2CB84E-78BC-4D8B-BCD8-128DE0F9883C.1624895306.jpeg

Thank you all for your opinions. I'm not a fan of single points, even though they have their place. I'm more 'traditional' (which is not easy when shooting tactical-style airguns) so I'm drawn to the two-point system that I'm used to.

I think I'm going to go with the hole-through-the-bag-rider system. Should be trouble free and very economical. Below is a pic of my Born Wild chair with my deer rifle on it. It's design so that a 
61118bw2.1624900616.jpg
'normal' sling stud placement is positioned just in front of the rear fork (rest) Once the gun is set in place it can gimbal up/down/left/right and I use this tool a TON when hunting, especially for varmints, Eurasians, etc. I just have to take that into consideration when I drill the hole for the mounting point.