Sling attachment solution for Walter Reigm UXT

Umarex is to be commended on such an ingenious design for an air gun, however, some of the guns' features have left me dumbfounded. The feature I'm going to address is the attachment point for push button swivel attachments. The Reign has two of them placed in the buttstock which are on the right and left side. Kudos! They, however ; completely forget to place anything on the stocks' forend. One could use the provided picattiny rail and an adapter for push button attachment ( see download) swivels but I have a Harris bipod that mounts to a picattiny adaptor on this . Sure I could remove one of the push button swivels on my sling and place a QD swivel to fit my Harris bipod attachment -- which is somewhat a PIA to undo so many buckles on my sling that alteady is used for other rifles that have push button swivel attachments on both ends. My solution was to use a hollow stock push button swivel adaptor. I used the one made by GrovTec (see download) . There may be others that are similar. I placed mine on the front end of the stock on the half which does not provide the access to the 16 screws . This position made the most sense for me because it provided the flat a surface for the flange and I sling my gun on the right shoulder . There may be other areas you can place this adaptor that would suit your needs but one must remember clearance is necessary for the adaptor once the stock is reassembled . Installation is straightforward.. I placed a pilot hole in the center of the location I wanted the attachment remembering to allow clearence for the backing nut. I measured the outside diameter of the threaded portion of the adaptor and finished the hole with a step drill to that diameter . I placed a little RTV silicone on the threads and proceeded to tighten by holding the nut with a wrench and a 1/4 inch hex drive that fits the hex in the middle the push button adapter.. I strongly urge one not to overtighten in order to protect the stock . Hope this helps someone with a similar predicament. I can imagine there are other hollow stocks that this could be used on other than the Reigns'.

download.png
download 1.1636844190.jpeg

download.png
Hollow_Buttstock_Base_2_-_GTHM198_480x480.1636844198.png

download.png
20211113_141810.1636844220.jpg

download.png
20211113_141826.1636844241.jpg

Drpug, I simply mounted a regular Gamo rifle sling on my Reign by looping it through the hand/trigger guard and tying it to the scope mount. It works wonderfully, and is super cheap. Best of all, it can be slung in front, which makes it perfect for bringing it up to shooting position. Since I'm former military, I like the front carry option and this is perfect.

20220117_211150.1645405816.jpg

Dear MOhunter, Thank you for your service ! I am very sure there are many sling options that will work for individuals . I am glad your option works for you. I simply wanted to utilize the quick connect attachment that was on the rear of the stock because I have slings that work on my platform rifles on my M-locs. Your feedback will give a viable option for others that aren't concerned about using those slings and give them a much lower cost alternative .I like it because it will help the people out if they don't really have the necessary comfort zone to do what I did as far as placing the attachment .Thank you for your feedback sir. I am sure it will help others.