Air Arms Sling Attachment for Air Arms TX200

Anyone with experience attaching a two point sling to an Air Arms TX200? The rear would be easy with many traditional stud/screw devices available. Plenty of wood to secure. However, looking at the AA stock, I can’t see any solid anchor points up front. Being an under-lever gun, nothing on the barrel. I am not confident mounting on the side would be good, given the relatively thin amount of wood forward the lever pivot. Mounting on the lever?

I don’t see any factory guns equip with slings like Weihrauchs. So, you experienced shooters, please offer
up…

Also… you FT shooters, you use a sling for support? I used to shoot HP rifle and use slings for all positions but the off hand.

Thanks

Bob

This is a NO DRILL rifle sling
I use a sling on my TX200 for Field Target. Mainly for kneeling and standing shots. I had to red-neck a sling for my rig. Here are googled pictures of approximately what I did (not my actual gun).

1681830924910.png

I think I used those multi strand Nylon strap (salvaged from a computer bag) and sew both front and back edges together to make two end loops. I sew the back loop just slightly smaller than the width of the strap. Starting with the back loop, I thread the front strap thru the back loop into sorta a loop hitch to cinch down the strap right behind the pistol grip.

The front loop was made just barely big enough to slide over the detent mechanism at the front of the barrel. The front end loops slides onto the barrel and hangs to the side of the cocking lever. I made it long enough to end slightly in-front of the stock.

1681368664016.png

Here's a possible sling for approximately $15 before shipping.

Last edited:
This is a NO DRILL rifle starp
I use a sling on my TX for Field Target. Mainly for kneeling and standing shots. I had to red-neck a sling for my rig. Here are googled pictures of approximately what I did (not my actual gun).

I think I used those multi strand Nylon strap (salvaged from a computer bag) and sew both front and back edges together to make two end loops. The front loop was made just barely big enough to slide over the detent mechanism at the front of the barrel. The front strap loops onto the barrel and hangs to the side of the cocking lever. I made it long enough to end slightly in-front of the stock.

The back area in the first photo might not be clear...see second photo (google picture) I sew the back loop just slightly smaller than the width of the strap. Then I thread the front strap thru the back loop into sorta a loop hitch to cinch down the strap right behind the pistol grip.

View attachment 347970

View attachment 347971
I guess I need to go out and shoot a few matches and see what I really need… my yearsin the Army taught me how to rig things to make it works… not always elegant … thanks… good lead

My current sling set up for Piston WFTF: The front loop is around the barrel and the back loop is threaded through my thumb hole on my pistol grip area.

Big problem with the current set up. My POIs were 10 O'clock of my POA.
I'll be looking to modify the sling attachment soon.

Havocx suggested this set up.

Reactions: luckybuckeye
Bob,
The cocking arm latch (ball bearing housing actually) is attached to the barrel shroud using only one screw.
I do not know how strong this arrangement is or how many threads are used there but…
If you could replace that screw (metric of course) with a properly threaded sling swivel stud then you could use your QD sling swivels like you have been doing on your PB arms and other air rifles that allow for sling swivel stud to be used.
Then put one on the stock and you are set..
If it works, I might do the same thing..(y)
The current screw I am referring to is TX236 or TX236C if you have the carbine coming:

IMG_1960.jpeg

Bob,
The cocking arm latch (ball bearing housing actually) is attached to the barrel shroud using only one screw.
I do not know how strong this arrangement is or how many threads are used there but…
If you could replace that screw (metric of course) with a properly threaded sling swivel stud then you could use your QD sling swivels like you have been doing on your PB arms and other air rifles that allow for sling swivel stud to be used.
Then put one on the stock and you are set..
If it works, I might do the same thing..(y)
The current screw I am referring to is TX236 or TX236C if you have the carbine coming:

View attachment 375197
will for sure give this option consideration… gun currently a the gun doc for an ouchie due to firing out of battery

My current sling set up for Piston WFTF: The front loop is around the barrel and the back loop is threaded through my thumb hole on my pistol grip area.

Big problem with the current set up. My POIs were 10 O'clock of my POA.
I'll be looking to modify the sling attachment soon.

Havocx suggested this set up.

had similar POI deviations issues when sling up tight on ARs without FF tubes..

Bob, My Tx was 11 months old when that happened to me. I was shooting at the bench with an elevated rest and the cocking arm had become unlocked. When I touched off it fell like a .300 magnum. The cocking arm was bent into a frown and while it would cock, it would not lock up again. I used a thick towel between the cocking arm and barrel shroud and squeezed like hell to straighten it out. The arm is hollow and we are not the only ones it has happened to.

Pyramid Air sells the cocking arm as a replacement part.

After I posted my swivel post, I was thinking maybe a modified thumbscrew (metric) could have a hole drilled through it for attaching a swivel. After the modification to the screw, it would be blued of course.

Good luck and shoot safe..

Reactions: MOSOSODBOB
Had a sling on my TX for years, never used it in competituon but for carry in the woods, I used the sling alot. On the rear of course a stud was threaded into the stock, but on the front a barrel band at the base of the cocking lever worked perfect. Cocking was never an issue and the lever never came unlatched while carrying the rifle over my shoulder. Had one on my HW77 mounted the same way without any issues..

Reactions: MOSOSODBOB
Had a sling on my TX for years, never used it in competituon but for carry in the woods, I used the sling alot. On the rear of course a stud was threaded into the stock, but on the front a barrel band at the base of the cocking lever worked perfect. Cocking was never an issue and the lever never came unlatched while carrying the rifle over my shoulder. Had one on my HW77 mounted the same way without any issues..
You have a photo and source for this band? The size you used. I know Uncle Mike have several for tube magazine, like lever action PB guns. They have a range of fit for different variants.

I strongly recommend that you do NOT use a no drill sling. I made that mistake with our HW97K. I don't know how TX200's are built, but this is what happened to me. I wouldn't want to see you experience anything similar.

View attachment 375831

You have a photo and source for this band? The size you used. I know Uncle Mike have several for tube magazine, like lever action PB guns. They have a range of fit for different variants.
The barrel bands are availiable for different dia. Measure the cocking lever dia and buy the right size band. Just mount the band down low close the the hinge point...

I strongly recommend that you do NOT use a no drill sling. I made that mistake with our HW97K. I don't know how TX200's are built, but this is what happened to me. I wouldn't want to see you experience anything similar.

View attachment 375831
HW77 were noted for the poor welds years back, thought they had that fixed when the 97 came out. Never had an issue on any of my TX's and have owned 5 of them over the years.

I wouldn't try it. I had the sling attached to the barrel very close to the receiver, and this still happened. Airguns are not made as strong as powder burners. Our HW looks like it was made out of cheap aircraft aluminum. With only two spot welds holding the barrel to the receiver tube, it was a recipe for disaster.

The worst part about it was the erratic POI problems I had with this, even from day one. This was always a very sour lemon. I was actually happy that it broke itself apart, because -- at the suggestion of Scott Schneider of Motorhead -- I used Loctite 680 to fuse it back together, and since then it finally started working as it should have all along. Thank God.

I know some of you have hung your slings off the cocking arm for years without a problem. I wouldn't do it.

Mounting the sling on the wood -- though not a perfect solution -- I think is still the best way to sling one of these type airguns. JMHO.

IMG_0462.JPG