• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Folks this is my first post so bear with me.
I have an old Salvia 618 that I have had for a long time. Somewhere while rattling around in a closet the front sight was broken off. Slavia made two type of front sights, one blade sight and one with a post. Mine is the post type. So what I am asking is if someone has one with the same type of sight could you measure the height of the post from the top of the barrel to the top of the sight? I am going to make a new post but it would be helpful to know the length it needs to be.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Reactions: Bolillo
Does it thread in? I would make a temporary sight from wire to get the height needed for your specific gun. Then take the height measurement from that. The reason I say that is because I have made a few replica sights myself. One of he last ones I made was to specifications from an identical rifle (an antique BSA). After all the work (a lot of intricate machining and hand filing) and fitting of the dovetail I found the sight to be too low for this particular gun. I can probably still use it, I have quite a few of the early 1906-8 BSA's and the front sight is so often broken off right below the bead. See below another sight I made for a later 1912 Improved Model D
First picture is a Slavia 618 sight I found online.
1656128661233.png

This one was for a BSA Improved Model D 1912
IMG_3659.JPG
IMG_3666.JPG
IMG_3676.JPG
IMG_3677.jpg

My sight is as your first picture shows, just a round post. I am assuming it is threaded but I have not had the chance to try to remove it yet. It is broken flush with the barrel and will have to be drilled and a screw extractor used. The rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation, so close to the right height will do.
I used to have a zip tie around the barrel that was close to the right height. If I cant get a reply with the height I will get the old post removed and temporarily set a wire in the hole with some putty to hold it upright and cut it off until I get it right and them make a permanent post.