Skunk, dirt nap!

SIMA0004_1.gif
Something was digging under the concrete floor of my outbuilding rite next to my chicken coop (old Layton travel trailer) so I set up the pp750 in the window this evening and waited.
Skunk came out around 8pm sniffing around the coop
.177 cpum 10.5 grain 850 fps 35 yards

20230311_211945.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done. Looks like it turned him off instantly!
I just got this one a few minutes ago, first one of the year.
I have learned to go for a heart shot and they don’t spray much, sometimes not at all.
This one sprayed a tiny amount that’s almost dissipated now.
They just run for cover but bleed out, this one went 20 feet after taking a 50.15 grain .30 pellet to the heart/lung area.
Edit: The females give birth in April/May and they dig dens under porches and buildings! You might have had a family of skunks soon!
5F6195FE-6577-4773-8326-94826B006E79.jpeg

Great shot! Have taken quite a few these stinkers and have not had single one spray with heart and lung shots.
I think they take the hit and nothing is there to spray so they run for cover but die on the way.
Even if they spray it’s only a little bit, I will always go for the heart/lung shot with skunks.

I think they take the hit and nothing is there to spray so they run for cover but die on the way.
Even if they spray it’s only a little bit, I will always go for the heart/lung shot with skunks.

I have video of them looking confused right after the hit, they look around as if trying to figure out what happened. It looks like they didn’t feel much from the hit, very strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seth0764