So I have seen some on the Skout Airgun - Epoch. What are the thoughts on this? It looks amazing. Little confused about the electronics and controlling the "dwell" would love some more information on the importance of it; is that the same as using a Plenum? Also, does it come with 3 different size barrels???? I saw on FB someone posted about that. Awesome piece of machinery, need it in my Airgun Arsenal!

Reactions: hunterroark
I used to play tournament paintball back in the early 2000’s. I know paintball markers are different and operate at much lower pressure so may not be an apples to apples comparison. However, the dwell never really had much effect on things. It was kind of a setting never touched from the factory. I imagine this will be the same. It will just be left alone and velocity will be changed with the high pressure reg adjustment just like on those paintball markers.

I hope it kicks butt. But what I also hope is if it turns the airgun world on its lid that things don’t go a certain direction. I have flagship guns from several manufacturers. If they all jump on the bandwagon, it will suck having to buy features you’re not interested in to own a companies top tier gun. For example. If the Impact M4 or M5 starts taking to you and requires a charger, the M3, if not offered anymore might hold its MSRP value in the used market for many many years. These are guns, not everyone wants electronics and what comes with them.

For example. If the Impact M4 or M5 starts taking to you and requires a charger, the M3,
I just got into PCP airguns and this is the only reason the Epoch was not on my list (I bought a Panthera). Not that i think electronics are a negative, just that i will not benefit from the advantage it affords as a recreational shooter and i prefer an analog, purely mechanical device. I do believe this is the natural progression for competitive shooting, just not for me.

I look forward to what they introduce next. It does look very impressive and I'd personally love to own an air rifle that comes from Yinz country.

• Haha
I like the innovations that Skout has come out with - I don't care for or against the electronics.

I hope they come out with a semi auto. I know it would be head and shoulders above my Hubens, L2s, Western Rattler and my Steyr Pro.

I'm tempted just to grab an Epoch but I don't think it would get much shot time.

I hope it kicks butt. But what I also hope is if it turns the airgun world on its lid that things don’t go a certain direction. I have flagship guns from several manufacturers. If they all jump on the bandwagon, it will suck having to buy features you’re not interested in to own a companies top tier gun. For example. If the Impact M4 or M5 starts taking to you and requires a charger, the M3, if not offered anymore might hold its MSRP value in the used market for many many years. These are guns, not everyone wants electronics and what comes with them.
I don’t think that will happen due to the costs involved. I think this skout will be a huge step forward in airguns but the 3k price tag will keep it or any other followers in a small niche. I don’t think the old hammer and spring are going away. Just not going away but I think we will see many new options in the future as well. (GO Roczen #94 )

Last edited:
It's damn good looking rifle, and the anodized color options are amazing. I love that black and red one. But I gotta confess; being their first foray into airguns specifically... I'm gonna have to let a bunch of others guinea pig this brand. Maybe hold out for the second gen.
I will be one of the first with the shorter 25" barrel .30 cal. if everything goes to plan. Looking forward to trying it out. I will be posting all of my first impressions including pictures, shot strings and velocity.
Cheers, Hunter Roark

I will be one of the first with the shorter 25" barrel .30 cal. if everything goes to plan. Looking forward to trying it out. I will be posting all of my first impressions including pictures, shot strings and velocity.
Cheers, Hunter Roark

Very cool. I'm just interested in max FPE, so if you get there, please post :)

I'm on the fence for the .357, but I don't think it'll punch harder than my Rattler.

Thanks.

I am also pretty intrigued by the Epoch. I don’t yet understand the action though. My understanding is electronic trigger but mechanical valve. The video I watched sounded like the electronic trigger actuates a valve that lets low pressure air from the second regulator to one side of the balanced valve which unbalances it thereby opening it and firing. Does that sound accurate?

Cheers, Hunter Roark
What's the ETA? Skout said rifles are shipping. Not a peep except Tom from HPP in MI. Everyone must be having too much fun shooting them.