Skout Sniper Slug - Official Release

This is so great that we have Zan, and Skout step up to challenge the slugs that Altaros slugs has developed. And each with their own benefits. Zan with low cost. Skout with a full turn key setup. And for those who find the Skout slug works for their setup, a cost effective way make their own Skout slugs. Even Altaros has a even better slug in the works!

What's next? Is it even possible we can have a cost effective desktop cnc lathe that we can make our own slugs? 😬

Allen

Yes, we partnered with Corbin to create the perfect slug for skout guns, there will be a skout die kit available in the coming months. Skout sees the value in providing a turn key set up for our users and also desires to provide a die kit in all calibers (also in multiple diameters per caliber) for those that want to swage their own for other platforms.
Are you saying that there will be dies available to produce these sniper slugs?!

given that inaccurate information is given here, I want to express our opinion

First, I will start with the appearance, it is clear to everyone which slug typ (Altaros ATP Smooth 50gr) these Skout slugs or new ZAN slugs are based on.
For us, it just means confirmation of our dominance in the field of the best slug on the market, when the competition copies us and does not come up with anything new.
Thanks to this, we know that we are always several steps ahead (yes, I am already testing slugs with BC G1 0.425 or 0.2185 G7 in .25 caliber).

It is proven that CNC-turned projectiles have 10-20% better BC even with the same shape. This has been proven in firearms, it is simply due to better technology and that is why CNC-turned projectiles dominate at the longest distances like King of 2 miles.

I primarily want to comment on the price, which absolutely does not correspond to reality. On our website, the price for 100pcs ATP Smooth 50gr is 12.15 euro = 13.12 USD, on the scout website, the price is 22.5USD, even with the price of a larger order, it is 20 USD per 100pcs. This is a direct true price comparison.
If, for example, the transport was handled by ship in the number in which they export, for example, JSB (i.e. containers ), then the cost of transport will affect the final price very little. Yes, at the moment the price of transport is higher, but it will be the same if Scout sends slugs to Europe by air like we send our slugs to US.

if you want to measure something accurately it is need use the right tool, unfortunately, this device looks like it, but it is no.
The FX True Ballistic Chronograph is mostly a random number generator as far as BC measurements are concerned.
I've had a LabRadar for many years and recently also bought a garmin CX1 chronometer and the aforementioned FX "True" ballistic radar, as I foolishly thought it would save me time measuring BC (that I wouldn't have to calculate BC from the data like with LabRadar but I will see them directly on the screen).
The reality is that the FX radar can produce somewhat usable results after firing 25+ shots, averaging them out to be at least remotely close to reality. It can be seen with every measurement when the current BC is even tenth different from each other (yes, a tenth when the BC measurement is, for example, 0.25).
After several tests, I decided to sell this FX radar, because LabRadar is much, much better for measuring BC (gives real results when operated correctly). Maybe this product works well for firearms, but for BT slugs to measure BC, LabRadar is much better.

On the contrary, the new garmin CX1 chronometer is a very good gear and fills the gabe where I don't want to carry a big heavy LabRadar only to check the MV and its consistency.
It's quite hard to be believe the newest chrono from FX which is almost twice the price of Garmin CX1 is worse than CX1. Is FX chrono good for anything? Thanks.

Ok, got my .25 slug barrel installed. Set the regs to the recommended pressures HP 1750 (120 bar) LP 190-200. Seems to like 200 better. Out of the 25in barrel I am seeing around 860 +/- 3 or so with the 48.8gr slugs = 80ft/lbs. Retained velocity per chairgun with the slug ballistics at 100 is 793 = 69ft/lbs. Just for fun I put some 34gr ZAN's thru it with the same tune and they came out at 960. That is pretty dang good for the pressure settings and barrel length. Just need to get out and shoot at distance now. The SKOUT/Corbin slugs are nice!

Ok, got my .25 slug barrel installed. Set the regs to the recommended pressures HP 1750 (120 bar) LP 190-200. Seems to like 200 better. Out of the 25in barrel I am seeing around 860 +/- 3 or so with the 48.8gr slugs = 80ft/lbs. Retained velocity per chairgun with the slug ballistics at 100 is 793 = 69ft/lbs. Just for fun I put some 34gr ZAN's thru it with the same tune and they came out at 960. That is pretty dang good for the pressure settings and barrel length. Just need to get out and shoot at distance now. The SKOUT/Corbin slugs are nice!
Do you have an FX True Chrono? If so what was your BC? You could bump up the HP reg pressure to increase your speed to 890 or so….
Contrary to the above, I get great results from my FX True Chrono. When I compare to what I’d have to calculate on my LabRadar the results are practically identical.
Almost everyone on the Team uses one and we all think they are great.

Do you have an FX True Chrono? If so what was your BC? You could bump up the HP reg pressure to increase your speed to 890 or so….
Contrary to the above, I get great results from my FX True Chrono. When I compare to what I’d have to calculate on my LabRadar the results are practically identical.
Almost everyone on the Team uses one and we all think they are great.
I was shooting into my rubber filled back stop and using an FX Compact chrono hanging off the moderator. I used the factory BC mentioned by Scout and few others to plug into Chairgun program so its ballpark. I am thinking about getting the Garmin chrono to better measure BC, etc. I live in KC and they are local. I forgot to mention my Dwell is at 24 currently. Need to play around with higher pressures but realy need to get to the range to ring it out. Just been to busy to get away that long.

I was shooting into my rubber filled back stop and using an FX Compact chrono hanging off the moderator. I used the factory BC mentioned by Scout and few others to plug into Chairgun program so its ballpark. I am thinking about getting the Garmin chrono to better measure BC, etc. I live in KC and they are local. I forgot to mention my Dwell is at 24 currently. Need to play around with higher pressures but realy need to get to the range to ring it out. Just been to busy to get away that long.

Im thinking about getting a epoch. Is the LPR the "second" stage reg on a M3? Also how does the dwell work?

Im thinking about getting a epoch. Is the LPR the "second" stage reg on a M3? Also how does the dwell work?
The LPR is what opens the valve under pressure from the HPR. Since its a balanced type valve it doesnt take much to pop it. The Dwell is the amount of time the valve stays open before shutting in milliseconds. This is controlled electronically thru the menu and can be adjusted from 10 to 50 milliseconds. The LPR will typically follow the HPR up in pressure but can still be adjusted to insure you are geting the valve open under higher presure and to dial in your specific tune, etc. The HPR handles the bottle pressure and I believe feeds into the LPR...both are relative low pressure if you look at psi to bar calculations. The spring in the HPR is much beefier than the LPR. For instance you could have a tune shooting 34gr JSB's with an HPR at 1500 psi, LPR at 160 psi and a dwell at 23 milliseconds for 920fps range (example).

given that inaccurate information is given here, I want to express our opinion

First, I will start with the appearance, it is clear to everyone which slug typ (Altaros ATP Smooth 50gr) these Skout slugs or new ZAN slugs are based on.
For us, it just means confirmation of our dominance in the field of the best slug on the market, when the competition copies us and does not come up with anything new.
Thanks to this, we know that we are always several steps ahead (yes, I am already testing slugs with BC G1 0.425 or 0.2185 G7 in .25 caliber).

It is proven that CNC-turned projectiles have 10-20% better BC even with the same shape. This has been proven in firearms, it is simply due to better technology and that is why CNC-turned projectiles dominate at the longest distances like King of 2 miles.

I primarily want to comment on the price, which absolutely does not correspond to reality. On our website, the price for 100pcs ATP Smooth 50gr is 12.15 euro = 13.12 USD, on the scout website, the price is 22.5USD, even with the price of a larger order, it is 20 USD per 100pcs. This is a direct true price comparison.
If, for example, the transport was handled by ship in the number in which they export, for example, JSB (i.e. containers ), then the cost of transport will affect the final price very little. Yes, at the moment the price of transport is higher, but it will be the same if Scout sends slugs to Europe by air like we send our slugs to US.

if you want to measure something accurately it is need use the right tool, unfortunately, this device looks like it, but it is no.
The FX True Ballistic Chronograph is mostly a random number generator as far as BC measurements are concerned.
I've had a LabRadar for many years and recently also bought a garmin CX1 chronometer and the aforementioned FX "True" ballistic radar, as I foolishly thought it would save me time measuring BC (that I wouldn't have to calculate BC from the data like with LabRadar but I will see them directly on the screen).
The reality is that the FX radar can produce somewhat usable results after firing 25+ shots, averaging them out to be at least remotely close to reality. It can be seen with every measurement when the current BC is even tenth different from each other (yes, a tenth when the BC measurement is, for example, 0.25).
After several tests, I decided to sell this FX radar, because LabRadar is much, much better for measuring BC (gives real results when operated correctly). Maybe this product works well for firearms, but for BT slugs to measure BC, LabRadar is much better.

On the contrary, the new garmin CX1 chronometer is a very good gear and fills the gabe where I don't want to carry a big heavy LabRadar only to check the MV and its consistency.
Here is your chance to show and prove your superiority over other ammunition manufacturers, you have the correct caliber, you still need to know the twist rate...
The only question is how consistently Skout produces barrels, i.e. what are the caliber deviations, I strongly doubt that every barrel has an identical diameter, i.e. caliber...

… The Dwell is the amount of time the valve stays open before shutting in milliseconds. This is controlled electronically thru the menu and can be adjusted from 10 to 50 milliseconds. …
10 to 50 milliseconds is a long dwell time. Maybe by a factor of 10. I’ve got a Skout but have not investigated exactly how it’s valve actuates, so maybe there is a delay during the process, requiring a relatively long dwell time. Normally, the projectile in a PCP is long gone after 10 milliseconds.

Last edited:
10 to 50 milliseconds is a long dwell time. Maybe by a factor of 10. I’ve got a Skout but have not investigated exactly how its valve actuates, so maybe there is a delay during the process, requiring a relatively long dwell time. Normally, the projectile in a PCP is long gone after 10 milliseconds.
I would rather say 3 milliseconds