Skout Sniper Slug - Official Release

It could be, or it also could be the step to the boat tail instead of a smooth tapered transition like the Altaros ATP Smooth 49.5 grain. Or even the twist rate combined with the slug having a stability factor (SF) a bit low.

I’m not sure they’ve shot these out of other than the Skout slug barrel or if they’d even shoot well in a different manufacturers barrel.

We’re not sure how they’ll do in the wind, we’ve seen the videos indoors, but windy conditions? I’m also wondering if they shot these at the recent SPAW slug challenge 100Y BR competition?

They could be awesome. I hope so since they are priced similar to the Altaros. Then there’s the new ZAN ELR boat tail slugs that will be released soon…. It’s a good time to be an Airgunner!
They are shooting fantastic in FX as well. Different diameters but re remarkable results.

Reactions: Centercut
We have used them in FX as well, (slightly larger than Skouts .2475) and they shoot incredible. There is a video on AGN at 817 yds out of an M3.
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/718-yards-with-fx-impact-m3-absolute-moa-coldshot.1304092/
This might be the video you're referring to.
We've been R&D-ing these slugs for several months and have successfully shot them out to 800+ yards.

I must say, I've been a big fan of FX for a long time but after working with these slugs and Skout airguns, I'm seriously thinking about crossing over.

I've been very impressed with how easy it is for the Skouts to shoot these slugs so well. Basically plug and play. Skouts are so easy to tune with such a huge range of power adjustability that doesn't require the typical list of aftermarket parts. Awesome job Skout!

And a BIG win for airgunners when two great companies like Corbin and Skout can collaborate to bring the best of both worlds together so you can experience the accuracy that we hope or expect to see without diving down the slug rabbit hole that has plagued this hobby/sport for so long.

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/718-yards-with-fx-impact-m3-absolute-moa-coldshot.1304092/
This might be the video you're referring to.
We've been R&D-ing these slugs for several months and have successfully shot them out to 800+ yards.

I must say, I've been a big fan of FX for a long time but after working with these slugs and Skout airguns, I'm seriously thinking about crossing over.

I've been very impressed with how easy it is for the Skouts to shoot these slugs so well. Basically plug and play. Skouts are so easy to tune with such a huge range of power adjustability that doesn't require the typical list of aftermarket parts. Awesome job Skout!

And a BIG win for airgunners when two great companies like Corbin and Skout can collaborate to bring the best of both worlds together so you can experience the accuracy that we hope or expect to see without diving down the slug rabbit hole that has plagued this hobby/sport for so long.
Yes, that is it!
This guy is unreal and the absolute MOA is a game changer. Skout has truly developed a state of the art air gun. I love changing calibers so easily and having such great results every time. The repeatability of this new slug is unmatched. Corbin and Skout have really done great work!

Reactions: Skout-airguns
Do you shoot a Skout 25 caliber?
Yes, I won a .25 Skout 25 inch in the raffle at EBR 2023, the Gold Skout. Tried .25 for over 4 months, and it was very good, but I was looking for better so a couple weeks ago I switched to .30, JSB 44s at 870 fps. Seems to have an edge over the .25, but I’ll shoot it more, and shoot it in competition at OR in 100Y BR and the EFT GP.
There’s a thread about it on AGN here that has over 10,000 views.
What do you shoot @Kscott? Are you part of the Skout Team?

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/25-skout-epoch.1298898/

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/30-skout-100y.1309456/

I'll be straight up. I do hope the .25 Slugs in the Skout slug liner are an awesome combination. Last year I shot the .25 FX Panthera 600mm with Altaros ATP Smooth 49.5 grain in the Long-Range Challenge and went 25/25 for a clean sweep and the win. I'm shooting the same gun/ammo combo this year, and if the Skout/Corbin combo tops me, then I'll be shifting my long-range rig... In a way, I hope it does! :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, I won a .25 Skout 25 inch in the raffle at EBR 2023, the Gold Skout. Tried .25 for over 4 months, and it was very good, but I was looking for better so a couple weeks ago I switched to .30, JSB 44s at 870 fps. Seems to have an edge over the .25, but I’ll shoot it more, and shoot it in competition at OR in 100Y BR and the EFT GP.
There’s a thread about it on AGN here that has over 10,000 views.
What do you shoot @Kscott? Are you part of the Skout Team?

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/25-skout-epoch.1298898/

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/30-skout-100y.1309456/

I'll be straight up. I do hope the .25 Slugs in the Skout slug liner are an awesome combination. Last year I shot the .25 FX Panthera 600mm with Altaros ATP Smooth 49.5 grain in the Long-Range Challenge and went 25/25 for a clean sweep and the win. I'm shooting the same gun/ammo combo this year, and if the Skout/Corbin combo tops me, then I'll be shifting my long-range rig... In a way, I hope it does! :cool:
That is awesome!! I’d love to send you some sample slugs if you can message me a shipping address.

That is awesome!! I’d love to send you some sample slugs if you can message me a shipping address.
Thanks... I'll go one better. If they outperform the Altaros in my Panthera, I'll shoot the Corbin Skout slugs in Oregon in a month...
PM sent.

Sorry to be nit-picky but they sure look dinged up a bunch compared to the nearly perfect appearance of Altaros slugs.

Right now I'm gonna say they better be cheaper than Alaros or I'll stick with the A team.
Same price...

Steve, @Kscott is sending me some sample packs, and I'll let you know how they do in the .25 Panthera 600mm with Superior Heavy liner compared to the Altaros ATP Smooth. Shouldn't need to change the tune since they are very close to the same weight.

Last edited:
Same price...

Steve, @Kscott is sending me some sample packs, and I'll let you know how they do in the .25 Panthera 600mm with Superior Heavy liner compared to the Altaros ATP Smooth. Shouldn't need to change the tune since they are very close to the same weight.
Sorry to be nit-picky but they sure look dinged up a bunch compared to the nearly perfect appearance of Altaros slugs.

Right now I'm gonna say they better be cheaper than Alaros or I'll stick with the A team.
They're actually not the same price... Altaros slugs are $23.99 and Skout Sniper slugs are $22.50 if you buy one tin, and only $20 per tin if you buy a 10 pack. We also offer them by the case (40 tins) for $18 a tin. Right now we are packing in tins which is why you see some marring on the outside due to them touching each other. Rest assured this does not change the accuracy of them (check out the video posted above). We will Soon be changing the packaging though to avoid this marring as well.

Also, here is another shot of them where you can see more than one of them.

Skout-Slugs.jpg

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
.... Right now we are packing in tins which is why you see some marring on the outside due to them touching each other. Rest assured this does not change the accuracy of them (check out the video posted above). We will Soon be changing the packaging though to avoid this marring as well.

I don't own a Skout and never shot one (have held one though). But from watching how their representatives interact with public opinion and input here on the forum....I'm impressed. This looked like an "oh, these guys don't like that they're marked up. Easy enough, we'll change the packaging."

I've seen similar with lots of other stuff that has come up ...."I want a .22." Response, "Okay, here's a .22." Another guy says he wants to use FX liner....Skout's response, "we'll start making adaptors." Input about the .177 mags and the reg creep issues have all been met the same way, either, "here's the fix" or "we'll look into it and see what we can do "

Kinda cool to see them actively here, part of the conversation, responding and interacting. Versus the more typical manufacturer practice of nebulously hiding behind YouTubers or not having any online presence at all.

They're actually not the same price... Altaros slugs are $23.99 and Skout Sniper slugs are $22.50 if you buy one tin, and only $20 per tin if you buy a 10 pack. We also offer them by the case (40 tins) for $18 a tin. Right now we are packing in tins which is why you see some marring on the outside due to them touching each other. Rest assured this does not change the accuracy of them (check out the video posted above). We will Soon be changing the packaging though to avoid this marring as well.

You are correct, they are not the same price... see below:

Well, my statement implied that they are very close in price, 22.5 cents a slug versus 24 cents (your info on Altaros, not mine) when ordered single tin/pack of 100 count.

So, I researched this a bit and went to order ten packs of Altaros and the cost including shipping/tax is $182.58, or $18.26 per 100 count pack.
As you state above, when ordered as a ten pack of 100 per tin, the cost for the Skout Corbin is $200 plus $10 shipping, or $21 per tin.

Unless I'm doing the math wrong, the Skout Corbin are $2.74 more per 100 slugs when ordering ten tins/packs? Buying 40 tins reduces the Skout Corbin cost to "about" the same as the Altaros. The costs I'm referencing are when purchased directly from Altaros and take about 7 to 10 days to arrive after placing the order.

PS., thanks for the photo of the tin. They look VERY good... Since they are made in the USA and are not shipped from the Czech Republic, I'd like to see the cost as a minimum the same or a bit less than the Altaros.
For reference, the new ZAN BT ELR slugs, in .25 caliber, 43.5 grain are $19.99 for a 200-count pack, or approx. 1/2 the cost of both the Skout Corbin and Altaros.

Last edited:
You are correct, they are not the same price... see below:

Well, my statement implied that they are very close in price, 22.5 cents a slug versus 24 cents (your info on Altaros, not mine) when ordered single tin/pack of 100 count.

So, I researched this a bit and went to order ten packs of Altaros and the cost including shipping/tax is $182.58, or $18.26 per 100 count pack.
As you state above, when ordered as a ten pack of 100 per tin, the cost for the Skout Corbin is $200 plus $10 shipping, or $21 per tin.

Unless I'm doing the math wrong, the Skout Corbin are $2.74 more per 100 slugs when ordering ten tins/packs? Buying 40 tins reduces the Skout Corbin cost to "about" the same as the Altaros. The costs I'm referencing are when purchased directly from Altaros and take about 7 to 10 days to arrive after placing the order.

PS., thanks for the photo of the tin. They look VERY good... Since they are made in the USA and are not shipped from the Czech Republic, I'd like to see the cost as a minimum the same or a bit less than the Altaros.
And the fact is that it is more expensive to produce Altaros slug, CNC turned...

Altaros makes some amazing slugs and my hat's off to them for showing the airgun world how much BC has been left on the table.

They might still have a slightly higher ballistic coefficient but the terminal ballistics aren't even close.

Not only will these new slugs carry FPE farther than traditional slugs, they will also deliver more as well. 😵
20240404_175657.jpg

20240404_175944.jpg

Altaros makes some amazing slugs and my hat's off to them for showing the airgun world how much BC has been left on the table.

They might still have a slightly higher ballistic coefficient but the terminal ballistics aren't even close.

Not only will these new slugs carry FPE farther than traditional slugs, they will also deliver more as well. 😵
View attachment 452453

View attachment 452452
So I think your point is due to the hollow point, the Skout Corbin will deposit more energy on the target than the Altaros due to the round nose, and both have significantly better ballistics down range than conventional slugs…?

So I think your point is due to the hollow point, the Skout Corbin will deposit more energy on the target than the Altaros due to the round nose, and both have significantly better ballistics down range than conventional slugs…?
Yes, deliver/deposit more energy farther out than traditional/conventional slugs due to a very well designed hollow point.😉

Reactions: Centercut

View attachment 452453

View attachment 452452
What slugs is that? Looks like an FX Hybrid... I think Altaros can easily drill a hole in their slugs which they probably will in the future if pressed by customers and demand.😉

I would agree, it does look similar to a spent FX Hybrid. However, I've never seen one with a boat tail. You may have to zoom in a little to notice that detail as it's nearly turned inside out. Once you see it, you'll notice that it's the slug that this thread was started over.
I would assume that Altaros would be able to add a hollow point too, but I can't speak for them. I can only share what I know about these ones.