Skout Sniper Slug - Official Release

Since the start, our goal at Skout Airguns has been to pursue perfection. This goal has been driven by the feeling you get when your projectile lands exactly where you want it on the target. We have spent countless hours on this pursuit, testing countless projectiles to achieve this goal. This is when we determined if we wanted perfection, it would have to be created. With the help of our friends at Corbin Manufacturing, utilizing their years of experience in bullet and die-making, we came up with the perfect harmony between barrel and projectile. We have had many industry professionals and competitive shooters involved in testing to determine the perfect diameter and grain weight to achieve amazing results. This process eliminates the need to try many different grain weights and diameters of slugs. Our slug barrels are all checked at 100 yards in our indoor range utilizing the Skout Sniper Slugs before shipping to ensure customer satisfaction! All Rifle or barrel purchases include a free tin of slugs! For more information please visit https://www.skoutairguns.com/skout-slugs. More content regarding the slugs will be up in the coming days and more calibers will be released soon!
main-pellet-glamour-square.jpg

I just wanted to share a couple of things. These slugs are awesome, super accurate in various barrels... In .25, legitimate sub moa, 5 shot groups very often at 100yds and an occasional sub .5 moa at 100yds! It really doesn't get a whole lot better than that. The BC might not be quite as high as some of the Altaros slugs, but inside 200yds, the difference was negligible. The actual, calculated BC's of the Altaros and Skout slugs came out to be very comparable. The Skout slugs have a hollow point too, that will be a huge plus for many hunters. There will always be a lot of speculation with new products like this... Both believers and non-believers, lovers and haters. That's the nature of a new product. Skout and Corbin put in a lot of time to get these slugs right and I think they certainly nailed it. I suggest you get some and try them out for yourselves. In the meantime, there will be some videos coming that highlight the slugs better than I can. I think they might already be on their website, I'm not sure. Have a good one!
Stoti

I just wanted to share a couple of things. These slugs are awesome, super accurate in various barrels... In .25, legitimate sub moa, 5 shot groups very often at 100yds and an occasional sub .5 moa at 100yds! It really doesn't get a whole lot better than that. The BC might not be quite as high as some of the Altaros slugs, but inside 200yds, the difference was negligible. The actual, calculated BC's of the Altaros and Skout slugs came out to be very comparable. The Skout slugs have a hollow point too, that will be a huge plus for many hunters. There will always be a lot of speculation with new products like this... Both believers and non-believers, lovers and haters. That's the nature of a new product. Skout and Corbin put in a lot of time to get these slugs right and I think they certainly nailed it. I suggest you get some and try them out for yourselves. In the meantime, there will be some videos coming that highlight the slugs better than I can. I think they might already be on their website, I'm not sure. Have a good one!
Stoti
Thanks Kevin. Have you tried those slugs in anything other than the new Skout slug barrel? If so which barrels have you tried them in? I agree, up to 200 yards, a difference of 0.3 in BC is negligible. I’m super anxious to see how they shoot in Oregon in a month at the Long Range Challenge 150 to 300 yards in the wind. I hope you’re there shooting them with the Skout Team. 😉

Could it likely be cause due to the hollow point? That's what I'm thinking
It could be, or it also could be the step to the boat tail instead of a smooth tapered transition like the Altaros ATP Smooth 49.5 grain. Or even the twist rate combined with the slug having a stability factor (SF) a bit low.

I’m not sure they’ve shot these out of other than the Skout slug barrel or if they’d even shoot well in a different manufacturers barrel.

We’re not sure how they’ll do in the wind, we’ve seen the videos indoors, but windy conditions? I’m also wondering if they shot these at the recent SPAW slug challenge 100Y BR competition?

They could be awesome. I hope so since they are priced similar to the Altaros. Then there’s the new ZAN ELR boat tail slugs that will be released soon…. It’s a good time to be an Airgunner!

Thanks Kevin. Have you tried those slugs in anything other than the new Skout slug barrel? If so which barrels have you tried them in? I agree, up to 200 yards, a difference of 0.3 in BC is negligible. I’m super anxious to see how they shoot in Oregon in a month at the Long Range Challenge 150 to 300 yards in the wind. I hope you’re there shooting them with the Skout Team. 😉