Skout Skout-Returns

I had to return the .25 Gold Skout once for a slow leak and failed LP reg... It was turned around quickly. I had issues with both regulators, and the contactors for the trigger solenoid. A quick call to Skout and I fixed those issues. Any parts required were immediately shipped to me. For the past month the gun has worked as it should, and it seems to have "settled in". Keeping my fingers crossed.

Long story short, I am strongly considering purchasing one in .25? Everything I’ve read on the forums seems to indicate multiple issues but Skout seems easy to work with and make things right whatever it takes. I just don’t want to be shipping a gun back and forth until problems are resolved.
The gun checks most boxes I require and I really want to support American companies. It would be the third gun in my safe that is totally made in America.
Thanks for your input guys.

I got a .30 and liked it so much I purchased a .177!
Today I have multiple SKOUT barrels and housings for FX liners. In a few minutes they can be configured for any caliber and power level from 12 FPE .177 to 80 plus FPE in .30.
I love the platform, support, and the performance.

Happy camper.

IMG_3318.jpeg

Just received! Keep you posted when it gets out of the single digits😳 (cleaned the barrel before any real testing begins😉)

I had an issue with charging of the battery. I had just purchased the gun from UA and it was a Saturday and late. I sent an email and within an hour I had a return email and then phone calls. Mind you this was during EBR. They actually contacted me while they were at EBR and could not have been more helpful and genuinely accommodating. I had new parts within three days and follow up calls to ensure everything was working. Skout is truly top notch and I am beyond happy with the Epoch.

There are only 1-2 moving parts on that rifle and any problem that arises can be quickly resolved. All parts are easily replacable and Free or super cheap.
If anyone returns a Skout it's because they didn't have 5 minutes to learn the gun and fix it. I don't think much can go wrong a user can't fix. It was designed that way on purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Area 814 AirGunner
Update, shot about 4mags thru the gun (15deg. First day) these were taken yesterday 35deg. And very, very foggy, two were 15 shots one was five. 34gr. jsb’s At 50yds last group was five and after shot realized when I went back into the house it was below hp reg. ( I hope explains the bad vertical )
It seems to like about 2 mags thru barrel after fully cleaned to settle in.

Also made a rear bag rider out of delrin.

I am very happy with my purchase of this rifle. It is quite loud I must say! Go USA…

I want to clarify something after returning to the house I discovered that I had not fully opened the air tank isolation vlv.! I believe this contributed to the vertical I was seeing? Especially the last 5 shot group which was directly after the last refill. Please make sure your isolation vlv. Is fully opened!
IMG_3350.jpeg
IMG_3349.jpeg
IMG_3351.jpeg

Last edited:
I got a .30 and liked it so much I purchased a .177!
Today I have multiple SKOUT barrels and housings for FX liners. In a few minutes they can be configured for any caliber and power level from 12 FPE .177 to 80 plus FPE in .30.
I love the platform, support, and the performance.

Happy camper.
The FX heavy liners are fully compatible and easy to install in a Skout? Want a Skout but thought I needed to wait for the EVO to shoot slugs.