Skout EPOCH Update - Dec 16th 2022

My weekly call to Darryl Trent (of Skout Airguns) gleaned a bit of new info on the progress of the EPOCH. Although no solid date can yet be confirmed, the anticpated three-four week delay, due to the China shut down, I spoke about in the last update, remains unchanged. Although parts continue to trickle in, others remain stuck on the docks awaiting transport.

I was, however, given a bit of insight into how the release will happen. The current plan is to assemble, test and ship first the .30 caliber pre-orders followed by the .25 caliber and then the .35 caliber. "I" anticipate that this should all happen within the first 30 days or so. Last for release will be the .22 and .177 versions.

The folks at Skout have listened to and heard the communities expectations. They are aware of what the airgun community demands of a high end product and to that end every Epoch will be assembled and rigorously tested on sight before shipping. Naturally this is to insure that the guns received will fulfill expectations without disappointment. Personally, I would have been more than happy to have taken the beta gun I originally tested home with me as it was amazing even though all of it's systems were not yet online. I'll be headed back to Skout the minute the first production guns are ready for testing and plan on doing some of that testing myself on a number of different guns in order to confirm their consistency/quality control from gun to gun. When that happens, Jerry Kornfield and I will be there over the course of a couple of days. During that visit we'll have plenty of photos and video our time there with the Epoch to share both on tABC as well as here . We're planning a FB LIVE feed on tABC during which those who might have questions can ask and get immediate answers straight from the designers in real time.

For now, however, we'll have to settle for a new short video and a few pictures of the various bits and pieces, but then, something is usually better than nothing... LOL... Stay tuned there will be more.

Skout fire on-off button.jpg

skout-trigger.jpg

skout-moderator-raw.jpg

skout-bridge assembly-raw.jpg

Super interested in this thing.. just worried about buying into a first generation product from a company that is just getting into a industry.. especially one that is Daystate money.

Might buy a panthera and wait a year for them to iron out all the first gen bugs on the Skout. It Will be hard to resist though!

What part of it comes from China? I think that should be cleared up. Right now it sounds like all the parts are made in China and assembled in the USA. If that's the case I think I will skip on getting this one.
That's the case for damn near everything in America, unless it's hand made by an artisan.

Made in the USA , but waiting on all the parts from China , just lost me
The gun was designed and created in PA at the Skout/GoG facility. The parts are replicated in Taiwan at a GoG owned facility since, as everyone knows, for many years, material replication is far less expensive there than here. Those parts are then shipped from Taiwan to the mainland and on to the US where the parts are finished, the guns assembled and tested and shipped to their various destinations. This has been the industry leading business model for GoG Paintball for many years so there is no reason to change that successful strategy. It's also the reason that a gun of this quality can remain a least reasonably affordable for those high end market buyers.

Please keep in mind, I don't work for, am not sponsored by or receive a dime from Skout or GoG. I'm by nature a totally impartial consumer whose bias in favor of this product and this company has come by way of personal experience. This is far from my first rodeo so I don't trust easily, but yet these folks have earned my trust as well as my business. Will they live up to that expectation? Well, that remains to be seen but believe me, whether they do or they don't you'll hear about it from me.

The gun was designed and created in PA at the Skout/GoG facility. The parts are replicated in Taiwan at a GoG owned facility since, as everyone knows, for many years, material replication is far less expensive there than here. Those parts are then shipped from Taiwan to the mainland and on to the US where the parts are finished, the guns assembled and tested and shipped to their various destinations.
So the "Made in the USA" in the ads is missleading since it's actually made in China and then assembled in the USA,....right ?

Sidenote, I don't care if stuff is made in China because I think they make great stuff,...but just don't use the "Made in the USA" as a selling point.

Made in the USA , but waiting on all the parts from China , just lost me
Exactly what I said, I know it happens all the time but $3000.00 for a rifle that could be 90% Chinese production parts, talk about big profit margins.

@lisamike92 Look at this garbage

Cars are assembled in diverse countries with parts made all over the world, no matter if it is Toyota, Ford, Nissan, Acura, GMC or Volkswagen.

Just articles that are not complex can be made with good quality without the need of importing some parts from other part of the world.

The Epoch is designed to be everything but a simple brake barrel. It pretends to change the way of shooting pellets and slugs in many ways. We may not expect to have all components from the same facility nor bought in the 7eleven at the corner.

Precisely because it is a very new and complex configuration they got out attention,. If it would be another FX we would know that essentially it would be what we all have seen from many years with two new aspects: a) new way to make more adjustments; and b) new way to capture accessories.

Last edited:
Reactions: grammerman
So the PA shop is basically a Proto/Assembly facility. A bit misleading since a lot of information given shows or references the CNC Machines. China is capable of some very well made products. I wish SKOUT all the success in their Launch of the Epoch, it would be disappointing if it is just an Electronic Snow Peak!:ROFLMAO:

Do you have a smart phone?

It was not made in the USA and will last you at the must
Well you said the magic “C” word, I was excited about these rifles, the company is only like 25 miles from my house and seemed like it’s was going to be an amazing rifle but I will be damned if I’m paying $3k for a rifle made with Chinese sourced parts..
4 years before it become useless. And for sure it will cost to you among 500 and 1 k dolls.

If we were in a position to comunícate among us with only locally made means we would need to go back to learn smoke signals.

Do you have a smart phone?

It was not made in the USA and will last you at the must

4 years before it become useless. And for sure it will cost to you among 500 and 1 k dolls.

If we were in a position to comunícate among us with only locally made means we would need to go back to learn smoke signals.
Your more than welcome to spend $3k on a rifle sourced from parts made in China and wherever in Asia, I choose not to..