Skout Epoch ( short testing video)

So the Epoch .30 has been out for a little while now but the .25 is still undergoing revisions and testing of several systems. I happen to own a .25 "prototype" the only one I am aware of outside of the SKOUT facility, and have been doing testing on various itterrations of the gun.

Here's a quick peek at a 100 yd group shot at the end of a day of testing various speeds in this hybrid barrel (700mm) version.

So the Epoch .30 has been out for a little while now but the .25 is still undergoing revisions and testing of several systems. I happen to own a .25 "prototype" the only one I am aware of outside of the SKOUT facility, and have been doing testing on various itterrations of the gun.

Here's a quick peek at a 100 yd group shot at the end of a day of testing various speeds in this hybrid barrel (700mm) version.

JoeP;
It's hard to draw meaningful conclusions from a video, but the airgun seemed rather loud. I thought the Epoch came with a rather large moderator. Please comment as to the sound level. Thanks.

George

Reactions: qball
JoeP;
It's hard to draw meaningful conclusions from a video, but the airgun seemed rather loud. I thought the Epoch came with a rather large moderator. Please comment as to the sound level. Thanks.

George

Hi George: You sir are absolutely correct, this thing in its current iteration is LOUD. The production gun does indeed come with a very effective moderator. However, my .25 prototype is using a test barrel liner which I found to be less accurate with the moderator attached so I'm shooting it unmoderated.

Reactions: qball and Asbestos
I’m not sure effective the factory mod is, as I have not shot without it. The gun is very loud, even with a 44 grain pellet in the mid 800’s. The phone app db meter said 108db a few feet from the muzzle…ummm loud! I really hope the smaller bore barrels are not too distant, and also that an effective mod, for the mod comes soon.
The short barrel .30 is a bit louder than the long barrel. When we tested them with the Apple I phone DB app we got 102 db from the short barrel and 94db from the long using 44 grain pellets at about 1100 psi.

The short barrel .30 is a bit louder than the long barrel. When we tested them with the Apple I phone DB app we got 102 db from the short barrel and 94db from the long using 44 grain pellets at about 1100 psi.
Well then, your gun is substantially quieter than mine…six db is a huge difference.

Reactions: JoePolanco