Skout Skout Epoch Share and Discussion

Great post Lewis! Sorry it took me so long to find! So, after talking yesterday, I got thinking, came home from work, switched from the minus barrel to the standard barrel to shoot the new pellets that have a head about .005” larger than the 44.75gr.. Since I knew it was supposed to rain all day, I went last night for a couple hours. I shot probably 20 or so, 5 shot groups at 100yds. These are the best! Sub MOA baby. (1.5” target circles.)
Have a great day.
Stoti

p.s. disregard the three in the top right of one picture. Sighters.;)

View attachment 341732

View attachment 341734

View attachment 341735

View attachment 341736

View attachment 341737
Good shooting Kevin. Looking forward to seeing how the new ZANs and Skout do at Ashland the end of April. A bit hard to tell if the excellent groups are due to the new Pellets or the new Gun, probably a combination of both. 😉

Last edited:
People who own the gun, does the magazine make a wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound when you fire the last round as the magazine resets to a non tensioned state?
Not shot mine yet .. but would make sense.
Perhaps an o-ring on center post offering just a tad bit of drag would mitigate it ? ( If that bothersome )

Got out today after some fiddling with it ....
Shot a 22 shot mags worth after a trigger micro switch adjustment issue on 3rd test shot it refused to fire again.
A phone call leading to a text message to Darryl at Skout ( 2:20 PST & After hours in PA ) Had a text back in @ 10 min and a phone call from the company owner Mr Bill within 1/2 hour :love: Customer Service Right There !!!

In my early pre shooting fiddling did a small clean up on the transfer thimble to semi better match the .340" transfer path & added a better gauge on HP Primary plenum / output power position.

Now all said, went out with the 35" barrel fitted and O' MY GAWD !!! what a CANNON !!! Had HP set at 1600 psi & had 44.75's flying out in excess of 1000 fps
Turning reg down to @ 1200 psi & LP at a tad over 100 psi were throwing 44.75's at 910 fps. :p On 1200 psi !!!!!

Shooting at my 80 yard marker ... stacking pellets enough to be deadly ... nothing on paper yet.

1st time out .. IMPRESSED !

thumbnaila.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Got out today after some fiddling with it ....
Shot a 22 shot mags worth after a trigger micro switch adjustment issue on 3rd test shot it refused to fire again.
A phone call leading to a text message to Darryl at Skout ( 2:20 PST & After hours in PA ) Had a text back in @ 10 min and a phone call from the company owner Mr Bill within 1/2 hour :love: Customer Service Right There !!!

In my early pre shooting fiddling did a small clean up on the transfer thimble to semi better match the .340" transfer path & added a better gauge on HP Primary plenum / output power position.

Now all said, went out with the 35" barrel fitted and O' MY GAWD !!! what a CANNON !!! Had HP set at 1600 psi & had 44.75's flying out in excess of 1000 fps
Turning reg down to @ 1200 psi & LP at a tad over 100 psi were throwing 44.75's at 910 fps. :p On 1200 psi !!!!!

Shooting at my 80 yard marker ... stacking pellets enough to be deadly ... nothing on paper yet.

1st time out .. IMPRESSED !

View attachment 342112

View attachment 342113
With those same settings and ammo, I’m getting 846fps average from the 25” minus size barrel. 70 fpe

Being an FPS and FPE junkie... 😊 What do you suppose beast mode would be sending heavy slugs? Say, 54.5 NSA?

I've been holding off my purchase of an Epoch until I learn more. 😊

Cheers!

K9
Not sure that the factory barrel would accept ( Throat / freebore wise ) some of the longer & heavier slugs. Or if or not the "Pellet Spec" 1-38 twist barrel would stabilize them ?

There going to have a bunch of barrel combos available here this year .. So :p
Bill also said to me .... They will be offering CUSTOM BARREL fitment services. Other manufacturers barrel, length & calibers with the required shrouds, thimbles etc as part of this service option.

@Motorhead how was the trigger resolved ?
It was a screw adjustment issue on the micro switch contact / reset. Screw BEHIND the trigger blade post needed to CCW just a tad to allow switch to reset it self. Factory had it set a tad too critical. Easy enough once explained. The Digital display on grip was also showing an x or + sign stating an function error, but instructions had nothing about it ?

Reactions: Cloudrider
Scott,
Thanks for looking for possible improvements and keeping the information flowing.

I agree the customer service has been STELLAR to say the least!
Prefabbing a Tapered transfer insert ... being a .350" to .250" tube @ .900" long.
If my hunch is correct, similar to other feed back pressure balanced valves, it won't hurt power but will speed up valve closing cycle.
It must be Glued in to not slide, but should it not pan out, removable.

3-28
@ 100 shots later, tube is staying in place. Muzzle report a tad less, air efficiency better. Winner winner chicken dinner !!

Last edited: